stupid stupid stupid.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

stupid stupid stupid..

Allie snapped at me again this morning, its my fault. i gave her a milkbone.. which was really stupid on my part. we gave her one last night, in her kennel with the door locked, and she was growling at tanner, but thats tanner, she pottied in her kennel this morning and i felt kind bad for her, so i figured i would give her a bone while i clean it out, she of course took it and went off in the corner with it.. i went to pick her up and put her back in her bed and she snapped at me, i know it was my fault. if i was going to give her a bone i should have waited till she was in her kennel. but why does she have to snap at me like that? im honestly afraid of her sometimes, after just about pouring a bottle of water on her and taking her bone away and leaving her to settle down for a minute or two, i got her in her kennel, its to the point where i dont even want to look at her right now. I dont know what to do about her. and now shes in her kennel whining, shes driving me nuts. Bleh.. i think its time to go back to bed for awhile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Lve Never Fails

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Don't worry, i know how you feel, my dog is a ****-zue and snaps at me all the time, but is well behaved and gentle afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 08:46 PM
RAT ADDICT

Have you tried obediance?
Does she have food/possesion aggression?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

She cant really do obedience training, unless maybe we found a really good trainer that would work specifically with her and work around her disability, but considering theres not really any obedience classes around here, besides the one that meets in the park from time to time, its not really an options. Shes not really food aggressive toward us, at least not with her normal food, she will get possive of toys sometimes, but mostly just if its a new toy. she has growled at tanner once or twice over her food, I'm not really sure what to do about that other than feed them separately, sometimes shes fine, and sometimes she doesn't want him near, i guess it depends how hungry she is? but they will drink out of the same water dish, at the same time even (which is really cute) and she has growled at him over a toy once or twice, but he'll usually just walk away.

My Furry Family
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Leo

What exactly is her disability and what breed is she? Have you tried NILIF or Top dog training?
I personally think that obedience training is more for the human than it is for the dog ... a good OB class will teach you how to react/respond to your pet as well as teach you the proper way to train your dog...This is not the first time you have posted about her being a nippy & growling... Please take her to an OB class or if her disability is so severe that she can not attend go to class without her... I would hate to see her bite a little kid or other person and then her have to be euthanized because she is considered a dangerous animal.... you might think not my dog, she would never do that... but on her current training path and with her current behavior it is inevitable that someone (unintentionally) will make her mad enough and she will bite them and you could end up getting sued and she would be PTS (please check your homeowners to make sure she is covered under your current plan and have the maximum allowed payout). This is a subject I am very passionate about as my dad was attacked and his life was ruined because someone didn't properly train their dogs. Please Please Please talk with your vet tomorrow and ask them for a referral of where to take her. She needs training NOW not somewhere down the road, maybe someday... if you are afraid of her that is NOT good and she knows exactly who holds the power, HER! Take the power back and do something about it!!!

Tags
dog training, obedience training