Sydney is so dependent on me..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sydney is so dependent on me.....

My friend doesnt' believe it because he's the total opposite when we are at her house. But he follows me everywhere in my apt. And at her house too, but she doesnt' think he's too dependent on me.
I get to take him most places with me, well technically I could take him everywhere, since he is a service dog. But I don't take him to the buffets and stuff like that since I have to go UP to the food,unless someone is with me so that they can hold him while I go up. Becaus eI don't think people want some extra fiber......
Well anyways if I leave him at my place he starts to cry. I have t be careful when I open the door because he is laying right there when I cme back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Maybe you could kennel train him so he will feel more secure when you leave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

For a service dog that is pretty much the goal. Follow around incase needed.

What kind of service dog is he?

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Looks like he's very attached to you. I agree with CrWoodyspets' idea, surely he can do it.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I don't really want to kennel train him, due to what has happened tohim in the past. That's wher ehe came from abreeder that kept the dogs in a kennel. It was one of those chain-link kennels, but he wasnt' happy when I saw him.
He helps me with my Anxiety/panic attacks. Right now he 's licking my arm.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Well it would help to make him more secure, if maybe you had some soothing music on a radio next to the crate with toys and blankets to make him feel safe and comfortable.

If you still don't want to crate train him (I don't really blame you in this circumstance) Maybe you could get him extra toys and things to do, because separation anxiety is basically boredom in some ways. Get your dog used to your getting ready to leave cues, like picking up keys and putting on your jacket. I am not sure how much exercise you give him, but the more the better!! Take him for extra walks, a tired dog is a good dog! You can fill a kong toy with treats and then seal off the top with peanut butter and freeze it. This way it makes it fun and takes awhile for your dog to lick the peanut butter off giving something for him to do, and keeping his mind off that you are gone, with me? If all else fails, could you bring him to a doggie day care of friends house while you are gone?

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Last edited by CrWoodyspets; 09-07-2009 at 07:13 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

oh yeah when I go for any long period of time he is either atm y mom's house or a friends house. I am relieved that I didn't offend you.
He gets to go many places with me, but wont' take him fishing or to a amuzement park (because of the chance of hooking him (Fishing) or the lo ud noises (amusement parks))