Talked to the owner's about fostering a dog - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

wow talk about keeping us in suspense!! Maybe offer your landlord to do a home inspection so he can see how well the house is kept? I know you don't like strange people coming into your home but it is for a good cause and it could very well make him realise that it's really no big deal!!
Until the deciding day though have fun with Pitch!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Carmen, trust me, I told the owner he could come by at any time! He knows darn well Dave and I wouldn't have spent all that money on carpeting if we didn't care how our place looked! Not to mention, he knows I am the one that cleans the entranceway to the apartment. I always clean the tiled floor and even clean the walls because of the kid upstairs leaving scuff marks. Like I said, there are some owners that are fixated on tenants not having a cat or dog it is ridiculous.

BTW, if the owners raise our rent by $100 we are going to tell them we are not staying. I love the apartment and it is beautiful but it is not worth more than what we are paying.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

an extra $100 is ridiculous! I had to laugh at you cleaning the entrance way to the apartments!! i could just imagine you out there scrubbing away and all the neighbours wondering what on earth you are doing!
We have a no pet policy on our rental property but our very first tenant had a dog. We basically have that rule so we can screen them and it covers us cause we can make them sign a contract to say that any damage caused by pets gets fixed before they leave. If we had someone that was looking after the house well and asked if they could get a dog I would have no hesitation in saying yes. Hopefully your landlord comes around..in the mean time I want to see more pitch pictures!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Carmen, you mean an extra $100 is ridiculous for not staying?

The woman upstairs could care less how the entranceway looks. That is why when her idiot son had a soda explode in the entranceway, he didn't bother to clean it up. I cleaned it!

And the owners do have a security deposit from us so if something happened to the apartment from owning a dog, they could keep it. They are just being stupid.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I would guess it's not so much they are concerned about you, but perhaps then the neighbors who don't care could use the fact that you have a dog to get one themselves. From your description of them, I would not allow them animals in a place that I owned.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Lizz, I was thinking of that too. The woman upstairs wouldn't want to be bothered with a dog. She is a busy life and her son is gone on weekends. The people downstairs are gone almost all day and it would be too much work for them.

Tags
dog owners, lap dog