Teething?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Question Teething??

I'm not sure about this one.
Lupo has one of his little baby tooths loose, and I was wondering if this was normal, I mean, do dog's lose their teeth for their adult ones??
It does look like another one is coming through the gum and he is chewing his bone a lot.
I know it's a bit of a stupid question, but I don't think their teeth do come out for their adult ones and my mum does, so now it's a matter of which one??
LOL, thanks everyone
xxxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Hello Earthling

Yes.Digs lose their teeth as the adult ones come in. And they teeth

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 PM

Yup, I have saved 9 of Odie's baby teeth, and one of Charlotte's. The other 2 came to me with their adult teeth. They start teething at around 4 months old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Remember to give your puppy lots of things to chew on while he's teething or he will find some things himself. My dogs liked those rubbery toys and rope toys to chew on. Don't be alarmed if they bleed a little on the toy. It's just like how a human can bleed a little when s/he loses a tooth.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 12:36 AM

I have both of Kody's canine teeth! And one molar, dog teeth are so strange looking. I was surprised at how early they lose them, but I guess it makes sense since they grow to full size so fast.

Matt
doxienews.com
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

Thanks everyone
Lupo has LOADS of stuff to chew on LOL, but he destroys them in like an hour, so we are going to get some more things for him to chew today
Yesterday his first tooth came out
It was late at night and we couldn't find where it had gone.
Lupo is in quite a lot of pain loosing his teeth. He keeps on whining and groaning! We hug him and tell him it'll be okay.
We did see some blood yesterday to, my brother got worried, but we thought it was fine, so thanks for mentioning that!
Is there anything we can do other than give him chew toys to releif the pain?
Thanks everyone
xxxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I never gave anything to my dogs for the pain. They usually just whined because they wanted to chew on stuff. Chewing makes them feel better. When I had braces on my teeth and the teeth were moving around my mouth would almost feel itchy. It was really weird. I think that's kind of how the dogs feel. For me it was a dull pain that was more annoying than anything.

If he seems to get really bad, give the vet a call. Maybe you could get some anti-inflamatory. It probably wouldn't take much and the meds are usually pretty inexpensive. You could also try giving him ice cubes. My dogs try to chew on them, but I would watch him closely. Make sure they aren't too big. You can freeze broth too.

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Rep Lover

Just like us they lose there puppy teeth
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Zippy Chickenshorts

As the thread is alive again, I'll let you know that Lupo is teething well, we got him loads of new chew toys which have really helped him. He has his first new front teeth which look beautiful and healthy so everything is good with the world!!
Thank you for your help
xxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM

Yes, just keep as many chew toys around as possible. It makes teething fun for doggies!

Tags
teeth