There's Dog Food In The Dog Bowls!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

There's Dog Food In The Dog Bowls!!!!

AMAZING isn't it!!!

Dinner time went really well tonight with Polo and Chelsea...

First they ate from their respective bowls with me sitting at attention between the two of them as I have been doing since night one.

After they are "basically done" eating is when the trouble begins because Polo will "walk away but still guard the bowl" and then become vicious since Chelsea needs to investigate etc etc..

Well tonight he decided to growl and snap... so I sent him outside on the porch (glass sliding door between him and his bowls) where he got to watch Chelsea eat from his bowl for 5 seconds... then he was let back in...

Then she stuck her nose back in his bowl... he stuck his nose in the bowl with her..then he looked at me like "ugh if I kick her butt you're going to send me out again arn't you? "

So I PRAISED THE HECK OUT OF HIM!!!!!!!!!! I mean MEGA PRAISE!!!! so much commotion caused the three kids to come in and watch the ordeal...

Well he REALLY GOT OFF ON THE PRAISE.... so he then "struts his stuff" and goes to Chelsea's bowl WHILE SHE IS STILL EATING and grabs a kibble from her bowl... from there he goes to each one of us and gets his MEGA PRAISE.

As far as he was concerned he was the smartest dog on the planet... it was as if he learned the most AMAZING TRICK IN THE WORLD.

Lather rinse repeat...he kept "showing off" his new A MAZE ING abilities by going to her bowl (even if just for a sniff) and then walking over to each human (this means four humans by the way lol) to get his praise!

So I've had food in both bowls for about 2.5 hours now and both dogs have occasionally walked over "just to see if it's still there" and calmly walked away. So far Polo has not complained about Chelsea's inspections at all.

This isn't to say the problem is solved as I'm sure there are still going to be incidents.... but WOWZERS From a VICIOUS KILLER ROTT just 48 hours ago to "Look at me I know how to stick my nose in a food bowl...love me!" tonight....

He's so funny though cuz he really does seem think he's God's gift to mankind for being able to do such an awesome trick LOL

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg deb!! he sounds so great!! i'm really happy for you that everything is going so well! polo sounds like the perfect addition. oh and um..............more pics please! hahahaha!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Deb that is great news!!!!! Looks like it isn't going to be as big a problem as initially thought hey? I'm soooo excited for you right now!!! i bet you are over the moon!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
oh and um..............more pics please! hahahaha!
Hmmm

Polo on HIS Futon

Polo in my pond's weed garden (where he shouldn't be lol)

Polo showing off his triple chin

Polo Being Polo

- Deb

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Wow! That's awsome! Way to go Polo!! :whoohoo: I think the more this goes on, the better it'll be. I think he was just concerned not knowing what Chelsea's intentions to his food bowl was. Now that he knows she isn't going to steal his share of the pie, he's more relaxed, AND all the extra attention for doing the right thing helps TONS! Way to stick it out!!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Talking

That's just too funny!!!! LOL...

Dimaris

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wow that is so awesome! Deb, you are the master of dog psychology! Congrats!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 03:27 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Deb that is great news what progress YAY!!! keep up the good work
Love the pics!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm supposed to be working so can't stay long lol BUT LOOK AT BREAKFAST!!!!!!!

THEY initiated feeding time... I was able to leave the food in the bowls ALL NIGHT last night w/o incident... and this morning Chelsea began to eat as she normally would.... Polo followed and THEY HAD THEIR FIRST REAL TOGETHER MEAL ALL BY THEMSELVES!!

Since I wasn't stuck playing ref in the middle of them I was able to snag a couple of pics -- woo hoo!!!

Followed by the obvious lol

I am SO PROUD AND RELIEVED!!!! I really didn't think it was possible to make this much progress this quickly. Polo was CRAZY VIOLENT two days ago.... as-in I was fearing he would kill Chelsea.... and now they are like big bro and lil sis just enjoying their life!!! I still monitor very closely of course... but so far so GOOD!

- Deb

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Deb that is wonderful!! Amazaing at what just a little patience will do

Give Polo somre well deserved praise from me too!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Fertile Myrtle

at Polo the super dog! I'm so glad they're getting along!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Nice work Deb and good boy Polo!

Rhonda

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

He is adorable! Glad he is doing so well!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Miss New Booty

Awesome Deb!!! That's such great news!!!!!!! I hope it continues to go in the right direction!!! I love the pictures!! He loves the camera! Polo and *his* futon!!!! Too cute!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 02:04 PM

Congrats!!!!

Tags
food bowl