They call it puppylove,and I call him Simon - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

They call it puppylove,and I call him Simon

Hi ! I thought I would share some pictures of our new puppy "Simon" he is a GSD almost 8 weeks this week. He is so wonderful. It was hard waiting for him to be old enough. We would go visit him every weekend until it was time for him to move home. We are still going to visit his dog family until the rest of the pups are gone and hopefully his puppy preschol will begin by then. I'll stop rambling the pictures are way more fun.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 03:33 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Simon is SO adorable! Looks like we're starting a GSD gang here on PT...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Adolescent Pup

awwwww.... hes sooo precious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww Simon is so cute!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Awwwww, Simon is sooo adorable.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Simon is absolutely adorable...

You are all making me want a Shep pup

Must resist this temptation.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

he's so cuuute! cherish these moments when you can still pick him up! soon, you won't be able to without the aid of a fork lift! haha! he's great! i love the pic with the rope toy. how is he doing?

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Awwwwww! He's too cute for words!!

I keep telling my husband I want a Shepard!! Maybe someday he'll give in. Hehe.

Karen

[

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks everyone! Oh geesh he has stolen my heart, it's sort of like having a toddler though. He is growing SO fast! I love cradling him like my little baby and cherish these times as I know that soon this time will pass but I am confident there will be other joys are to come. He is such a little ham and clumsy, it's so fun to watch him pouncing and running. He's definately a momma's boy but has begun whining now when my husband leaves the room too, not that we are encouraging it but my poor husband felt all left out. awww

The crate training is going SLOW, he hates it with a passion but is starting to calm himself down after a while and sleep. We went to the movies last night and he was crated for two hours, which is long for him at this time save sleep time at night and when we got home he was quiet ! I went up to his room and talked to him, let him out and we went outside without ANY fuss or over excited-ness, he did stay close but seemed less stressed than in previous days.

He's also been fantastic with the cats and the chins. I keep him leashed to one of us when the chins are out running around but he makes no move to chase and actually shows very little interest in them, for now. I hope that continues or he'll be banished like the cats during chin playtime. The cats slide their little paws under the door waving at us when they are locked out of the playroom. I imagine Simon will just bust down the door, nahhh he's a good boy and I'll be working a lot with him to help facillitate his manners.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

Oh my gosh he's ADORABLE What a doll! Congrats!

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He's a cutie! Congrats!

Rhonda

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 01:56 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee how adorable!!!! I love that last pic....... Not showing hubby this thread we have enough dogs here as it is

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 08:59 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Another shepherd puppy mama!! Simon is ADORABLE!!

My latest GSD is 9 months old now. And he's great with my little dogs and my big bird. Our last shep was too. From all the people I've heard from...GSD's are great with other animals! Manto's best friend is a 5 lbs Chihuahua!!

We didn't have any problems crate training Manto, maybe Simon has a stubborn streak!!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing updates! And seeing pics of course!!

~ Jodi ~

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww too sweet
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Simon is adorable, I had a german shepard, that I got when he was 9 so I didn't get the chance of seein him as a puppy, but I can imagine he was cute. A hand ful but cute. Ceaser, died, when he was 16 he had a good life. I miss him

Tags
crate training, german shepard