They Found Wrinkles!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Talking They Found Wrinkles!!

remember the 18 yr old pug, Wrinkles, that was stolen from my nan's new boss (Wrinkles has a thread in "animals in need")? well, THEY FOUND HER! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! it brings tears to my eyes! here's what happened:

george (the owner) was already giving up hope...the whole town (south padre island, tx- Rio Grande Valley area) was praying and hoping for Wrinkles. people lit candles for her. well, one of the contractors that is building the hotel that george will own (and my nan will run) was at home and his neighbor was outside cutting the grass and, lo and behold, THERE WAS WRINKLES! in the guy's backyard! they live in Brownsville, TX (35 min away). so...the contractor goes over to his neighbor and starts talking to him about landscaping just so that he can get a better look at Wrinkles and kind of scope this guy out. so he gets the guy's business card and says that he'll be in touch. so then he goes back inside and calls a friend of his about what to do. should he call the police? take the dog back? the friend said, "don't take a chance! go get the d*mn dog!" so the contractor calls over two of his friends (big guys!) and they go over there and the neighbor (robber) thought they were going to ask about contracting, but the contractor said, "so where did you get that dog?" and the guy said he bought her for $200 and the contractor said, "no you didn't. that's my boss's dog and i'm taking her back." the neighbor said, "no you aren't. i bought her!" and the contractor said, "look...we're taking the dog or we're calling the police. and there's a warrant out for your arrest, so what do you want to do?" so the guys actually says, "fine, just take her. but give me back my business card." so the three guys go and take Wrinkles, and now she is back with george!!!!! he is ECSTATIC! the entire town of south padre and the neigboring town, port isabel, is in a frenzy over it, too!! everyone's calling my nan to ask if Wrinkles is really back! the groomer in port isabel offered Wrinkles a free makeover, so she got a bath and her toenails painted!! it's so awesome that she's back.
i don't know what will happen to the robber (guy that stole her). i don't think george is even capable of thinking about that right now. he is just so happy to have his baby back. she is super duper spoiled now!

this was the best news ever!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Wow.

I'm so glad she's back. I'll never understand people who would take someone else's pet ...

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

me either, jade. i'm just so happy this one had a happy ending.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

here is a picture of Wrinkles taken on my nan's cell phone (sorry...not the best picture):

isn't she cute?!!

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Wrinkles is gorgeous...I'm so glad she has been returned to George! That is awesome news!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Miss New Booty

WOW Jane!!!! That's so awesome, I'm so glad Wrinkles is back home!!!! What the heck is wrong with people!
I bet she enjoyed her make-over! She is such a cutie!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 01:36 AM

Yay!

I'm glad Wrinkles is finally back with her owner! I hope something happens to the guy who stole her!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks guys! i'll pass the compliments along.

i hope something happens to him, too!

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:03 AM

For crying out loud...all the dogs out there that need homes, why do people have to take someone elses?

I'm so very happy for George and Wrinkles
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:08 AM

That is awesome news!!! Wrinkles is so cute!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, that is the best news!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Wow, that's great!!!! I'm glad Wrinkles is back home!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks guys! it IS the best news! i'm so happy for both of them!

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:49 PM

That is such a great story!! I'm so glad that this was a happy ending!!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Wow! That's fantastic! She's adorable btw.

Rhonda