They Are Terrible!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

They Are Terrible!!!

Yes! That's right, Charlotte and Valentina are TERRIBLE!
This happened a couple of days... but here's my story:

In my house, there's a small outside hall with a small garden on one side... it ends in a fence and on the other side of the fence is the backyard. The fence is about 8-9 feet tall..
Well, they managed to open a small spot on the side of the fence and get to that hall. They did that following a cat. My mom woke me up to deal with the escapees, since they could get out to the street through this hall, at least Charlotte is thin enough to get between the bars of the gate.
I put them in their pen (dad built a pen in the backyard for them for when he has to mow) That day, Charlotte learned to get away from the pen. When dad arrived in the evening, he fixed the fence.
On monday, I heard some whining at the end of the backyard. I called them and only Vale came. I went out... put Vale in the pen, cause she didn't let me walk, and called/searched for Charlotte. She didn't came.
In the backyard, also, on the side. there is a small 3 feet tall cement fence.. (our fence) and next to it, my neighbor has a 6 feet tall wire fence... so you can step on the cement fence and look over the wire fence (which is stupid, cause you can look THROUGH the wire fence... but you get the idea.. haha)
Well, I found Charlotte standing on the cement fence, tangled in some wild vines that are growing on the wire fence. I get her out, and carry her to the cement part of the backyard.
After she calms down (she was kinda frozen, and didn't even wagged her tail!) she goes running again to the end of the backyard...
I called her to give her the heartworm pill and she doesn't comes... (great!) I walk to the end of the backyard again, and found that she had jumped the fence to the part of our yard that is not fenced! I go back to the house, get the keys to the gate at the end of the yard and call her into the yard again. While I was closing the gate, she runs to where she was entangled, and gets out again through a small opening between the 2 fences (cement and wire)
I hadn't even finished closing the gate!
I open again, call her, but she didn't came this time. I go after her, carry her to the cement part of the yard and tie her up (cause she gets out of the pen too.. remember..), go back, close the gate... go to the pen, take Vale, tie her to another tree (far from Charlotte so they don't entangle each other)
All this on the rainy season... so the backyard was VERY muddy... the grass was 2 feet tall (cause of the rain, dad hasn't been able to mow for a while...) and these two things don't let you see some holes on the floor.
I came back in looking as if I had wrestled both dogs in the mud... They can't get in trouble when the yard is nice and dry.. Nooooooo...
They spent the night tied, cause my dad was going to get home too late to deal with the fence... Yesterday my dad fixed the fence and we let them loose again. They have been calmed down after spending 24 hours tied... but I don't think that will last long... hehe

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

whew! i hate it when stuff like that happens in bad weather! what little sneaks!! at least they are safe and sound now. not sure about you, though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Doesn't stuff like that ALWAYS happen in bad weather? Hahahaha

Me... now I'm just a bit paranoid... if it's a long time and i don't hear them, I start calling them, just to make sure they are still in the backyard...

Dimaris