Tips for aggression - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
laugh often

Tips for aggression

My schnauzer Daisy has always been a little aggressive over her food. However we were working with her on that and she was doing well. Now We have moved and she is an indoor dog versus a garage/yard pup. I have become pregnant recently. Now her food aggression is worse than ever. Towards my boyfriend and I. But it sometimes gets worse with me around. Here within the last few weeks she's been nipping me without food around. And she will growl when given a treat by hand if the hand does not move promptly. This was NEVER a problem in the past. Also she growls when being pet while being fed. She has nipped at me when I was walking. I stopped untangle her leash. And she has bit me once. She is doing this at least twice a week now. She doesn't do tricks for for treats or anything when she just snapped at me. Before with treats she would listen perfectly. I have been with her for 3 1/2 years and she was never like this before. I was wondering if anyone has had to deal with these issues. I think it may have something to do with me being pregnant. But any tips or ideas will be very helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
laugh often

I was researching things about aggression and I came upon a very interesting video in google. I posted it in the animal welfare & legal issues topic

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Tags
dogs