Tito's getting neutered - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Unhappy Tito's getting neutered

Tito is going to get neutered tomorrow. For some reason I'm really nervous. I guess I'm just a worried mama. He's such a tiny little guy and such a nervous wreck, I'm afraid he will be really freaked out when he wakes up.

I'm going to bring his blankie and stuffed bear. Any other suggestions?

Wish us luck!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

That can be nerve racking, just had my guinea pig neutered last month and I was the same way. I'm sure he'll be just fine though and be very happy to see you right after.

Can he eat as soon as you pick him up? He might like a favorite treat along with his blanket.

Good luck Tito!

I've Been Frosted!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awww poor Tito Burrito!! I will be sending good healing thoughts and vibes all day.

I know you are worried but I think Tito is going to be just fine!!

Bringing the familiar things is a good idea. I'd just pick him up and give him lots of love and affection when you get him home and I'll bet he's his regular self in no time flat.

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 04:44 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

awwwwww!!! I'm sure everything will go great!!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I will keep him in my prayers, it never hurts!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 07:52 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

I can't imagine ... my boy's vet is wonderful, and I never have to worry. Blackie's too mean to get nervous, and Dutchy practically grew up at the vet ... no nervous nellies here.

Poor Tito ... I think the blankie and teddy will help. If he survived being stuck in the garage, I'm sure he'll handle the vet okay.

Sharon
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww, the poor little guy. Give him a hug from me. Good luck!

Rhonda

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Poor Tito burrito, I'll be sending easy surgury and quick recovery vibes!

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 10:02 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

He'll hate you for a few days but he will get over it.Tell him I know it will hurt but this is best for the both of us.Time will heal the problem and he will go on like nothing ever hurt.For people who are thinking about this procedure call Friends of Animals and get a coupon that will reduced the price more than half.In my state it only cost $45.oo for female and $65.00 for the male.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Im sure he will be just fine, I was so worried about Max all day when he got neutered, and he was just fine once the grogginess wore off

When Harlie was spayed someone joked at me saying "Maybe some Xanax for you" (I think if I would have had some I would have taken one!! )

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

LOL Melissa!

The vet said he has one retained testicle. But they said it's not in his abdomen. He said they will have to make 2 incisions. He should be out of surgery in the next hour.

~ Jodi ~

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 11:30 AM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

Good luck! I'm sure he'll do great. My Moose never quite forgave the vet afterward and now he tries to bite any vet who tries to examine him, but other then that he was just fine!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Jodi! Max had a retained testicle too! The only thing I can say is just to be careful to not let him lick it (the 2nd insicion) too much...we tried as hard as we could to stop Max from licking it when we could catch him, but I couldnt stop him when I was at work, half of his insicion is healed and the stitches are ready to come out, but the other half still isnt healing over yet. He lets me touch it, and look at it and stuff, but I think maybe the vet will have to restitch that half...who knows, we take him in in a few days to get them out, but I am almost 100% sure they will say it hasnt healed right. So just make sure the little Burrito doesnt lick too much!
~Melissa

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jmb9101
So just make sure the little Burrito doesnt lick too much!
~Melissa
I thought I had read somewhere recently that someone's pup had that too! Sooo....ummmm, how do I keep him from licking it if I'm not home? Did the vet give you pain meds? They want to send some home with me for Tito. Do I need to keep him from jumping up or down from the couches? What if he tries to play with Snooper? Ugh, he could hurt himself.

Jeez, I haven't had a doggie neutered for awhile - can you tell?! Bach was done about 9 yrs ago, Snooper 3 yrs ago but it was under different circumstances and she was really sick. I guess I'll be going thru it again when we get the new pup too!

They just called and said everything went fine and that I can come pick him up!! YAY!

~ Jodi ~

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I'm glad the surgery is done and over with. Whew! You will be his hero for "rescuing" him from that place.

Rhonda

Tags
guinea pig