Toys For Tough Rough Dogs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Do you have a dog that LOVESSSSSSSS to play with stuffed toys but tears them to pieces within 5 minutes? My dog does. SHe loves those stuffed berber toys that either have a squeeky or not. She loves toys that she can shake with her head ( bungees ) Trouble is if she manages to get a small tear in it, she HAS to rip out all the insides ( fluff flying everywhere) and if I don't catch her she will eat it!! I have purchased Dr. Noy toys but most of them are small and boy oh boy expensive. She also loves basketballs but puts her teeth threw them as well. I bought her an indestructable ( sorry about spelling) ball but that thing hurt me!!! it was so hard. She has the usual Kongs and ropes, no tennis balls cause she eats them to, but I know when she goes to the pet store she wants a stuffy.. Whats a mom to do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

Well you can go to dollar stores or thrift stores and get stuffed animals/teddy bears for really cheap,that way if she goes thru loads of them...it is not too expensive.

Thats what my family does for their dog,CoCo.He is the same way with stuffies!He will tear them up and shred all the stuffing out and make big messes.So they buy stuffies for really cheap at those stores.He adores those ropes as well.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Davids parents beagle loves rope toys, but she goes threw them really fast, so we get her toys from the little dollar bin at walmart, or from the dollar store, that way it doesn't cost too much. i think shes averaging about 1 a week. we did get her a Kong put some yummies in it for her and we haven't seen it since! she prolly hid it under someones bed or something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

I always buy Phoenix's stuffed toys at the second hand store. Within 5 minutes they're in the garbage, but the 10cents was worth it, lol. Do you have something like that in your town or city?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Mine shred stuffed animals too so I just stopped buying them. I got sick of picking up the stuffing, not to mention that Scarlette likes to eat the stuffing. I can't imagine that's too good for her.

Mine normally play with Kongs and Cuz dog toys. They get a little fiesty when they have rope toys.

Rhonda

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

What are Cuz dog toys?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Mel

PetSmart has seasonal sales, and you can get stuffies for $1. After Xmas, I bought like 30... $1 each is too good to pass up!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my dog puppers goes through stuffies pretty fast...they last about a week if were lucky...but since hes with us when playing with them as soon as one rips its in the garbage, Lady babies her stuffies lol...my mom works at wal-mart and always bring home the clearnce toys for them...they love balls of any type but thats about it lol...I have yet to get a Kong but we may next weekend

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko
What are Cuz dog toys?
Cuz Dog Toy - Dog.com

You do have to keep an eye on the feet because they can be chewed off. When I notice the feet getting "weak" I just cut them off with scissors. The ball part is really strong and has withstood ALOT of chewing from Mirra.

Rhonda

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Frankie destroys his stuffies in less than 5 minutes. He has to kill it by getting out the squeaker. I worry that he will choke on it. Once one came out the other end. I was just glad that it came out. I had to teach him the word "trade" so he would give them to me.
Belle is good with her stuffies. I hide hers in her kennel so Frank doesn't get them.
Frank loves those cuz balls. He is obsessed with one of them. We refer to "him" as "Ball". He was so obsessed that we took it off of him once for a few days. He was so depressed and wouldn't play. I had it hidden upstairs and he snuck up and got it. He came down the steps so happy I swear he was smiling. We never took it from him for more than a few minutes since then.
I just ordered 3 more. 2 yellow and one green. They had the most annoying squeak but he broke them. I also cut off the feet. I just did it to one of the balls today. You should have heard Frank freak out. He screamed like I was cutting his feet off. I gave him back the ball and he was happy again.
He is a little nuts.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Cuz's

These toys sound like they would be good for my slightly aggressive chewer. I am a little worried about her chewing and eating the feet!

Do these come in different sizes??
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozette
These toys sound like they would be good for my slightly aggressive chewer. I am a little worried about her chewing and eating the feet!

Do these come in different sizes??
As long as you check the feet daily, or twice daily depending on how much she chews it, they should be ok. I cut the feet off mine at the first sign of wear just to play it safe. And yes, they do come in different sizes.

Rhonda

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:25 AM
RAT ADDICT

Those look interesting! Maybe I should order one for CoCo.I haven't seen them around in stores here.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette
You do have to keep an eye on the feet because they can be chewed off. When I notice the feet getting "weak" I just cut them off with scissors. The ball part is really strong and has withstood ALOT of chewing from Mirra.
Oh yeah I've seen those before, I chose to get Phoenix this ball instead, it seemed like it would last a lot longer and it has. She loves it a lot and in the summer you can fill it with water and freeze it.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:52 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

sounds like my dogs we just buy cheap teddys and re sew them if they get a hole in but when they get too raggy they get thrown in the bin and we just buy new ones

Come see more of my fur babies at

Tags
pet store, stuffed animal, stuffed animals, teddy bear