Turkish Kangal Dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Turkish Kangal Dog

Here is the TURKISH KANGAL dog with photos..

TURKISH KANGAL dog is about 32-38 inches high.(81-97 cm.) and the most powerful dog breed of the world. No other dogs or wolfs can challenge with TURKISH KANGAL dog. Both shepherd and guard dog. Suitable for families who has a large garden too. You can buy TURKISH KANGAL puppies from TURKEY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

What a big beautiful dog!!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Some more TURKISH KANGAL dog photos..

I hope you like TURKISH KANGAL dogs..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Great post, those are really cool. I've never seen one before.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

WOW gorgeous dog! Huuuge!!

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:36 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are really nice looking.
Do you have one?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yes, I had 2 Kangal dogs, one male and one female. Female was 82 cm high and male was 88 cm high. They were really big and beautiful dogs. Then I gave them to other people because I had no more garden. When we were in the house which have garden, there were a lot of dogs near the houses in our district. There were german shepherds, boxers, dobermans, rottweilers, huskies, cane corsos and many more. But all of them were afraid of French mastiff which was in our neighbours garden. And the French mastiff was afraid of our Kangal dogs in our garden. I was taking my dogs to trips around our house and when the French mastiff saw our Kangal dogs it was getting so quiet and wait for the time we go to other streets. I love French mastiff breed very much too but not more than Kangal dogs of course. In the future if I have a house with garden I will buy Kangal dogs again I think. Kangal is a big dog. Kangal dogs are more beautiful and powerful as they seen in the photos. Playing with a Kangal dog is like a dream. If you don't give them duty for a long time, they want you to give them a job. They are not only guard dogs but also shepherd and can do lots of things. They never attack to weak. More polite to children and women. I don't remember everything now but there is a lot to write about them. So you must LİVE Kangal dogs. It's not enough to tell about them. You must see the reality. Their eyes are full of love to their owner. If you love one of them and forget the other, it will get jealous. You must love both of them. They like chicken meat and rice together. Kangals like to eat a lot. A Kangal dog can eat the meal of 5 German shepherds' when grow up. Also they like to play eachother and running. They don't bark unnecessarily. They are a good defender... You must have 2 of them.. 1 male and 1 female..You will be really happy..If you are looking for a big and powerful dog which will die for you when needed TURKISH KANGAL dog will be the best choice.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That dog is bigger than I am! Yikes! I bet they can really do some damage as teething puppies too hehe. Pretty dogs

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:37 AM

Turkish Kangal dogs

They look a lot like the anatolian shepherds.Are they bigger than the Anatolians? I had a friend that had 2 Anatolians. They were beautiful. One time they got out of her yard. I helped her catch them. I am 5'3 and the male was almost up to my shoulders, standing. They are good dogs.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Anatolian shepherd is Kangal. Other words Anatolian shepherd = Kangal.
And be careful when buying a Kangal puppy. First see its mother and father and look carefuly if it's real Kangal or not. Be careful, some people may want to sell you other kind of dogs or street dogs. You can buy a real Kangal puppy about 1000-1500 dolars. Perhaps may be 2000. Be careful..
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Lets just say I know the dogs registered with AKC-
I've never heard of this guy before!!

What a beautiful breed.. thanks for sharing!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Jird Jostler

They're rather big =]

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

TURKISH KANGAL DOG..
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 02:32 PM

it's a fantastic breed. they are beautiful =)
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos. We will be getting a Kangal next year. I'm glad I scrolled down a bit, since I'm a new member I was only looking at the threads which were highlighted and not any that were older. I always gravitate to the Kangals at shows.

Although I find somethings you say interesting. Such as Anatolian and Kangal are the same breed when they are different breeds. The Kangal Kopegi is one of the old Turkish LGD breeds. Anatolians are a western breed derived from mainly Kangals along with other LGDs some say that some Sokak Kopegi were also used. Of course you can get a Kangal bred that way as well which isn't a true Kangal will have Sokak Kopegi and be passed off an a Kangal. Some breed to larger mastiff breed as well. It is also illegal to export them so it would be rather hard to get Kangal from Turkey. Some people attempt at smuggling them out, often not even true Kangal from a reputable kennel.