Turkish Kangal dog videos (most powerful breed of the world) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Turkish Kangal dog videos (most powerful breed of the world)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVA1-ibnKg0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWbY4dsD48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnxFUJx7zo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPPp4IHrR2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJj4BERS9SA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmIrnTpN4xg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSU7BcTGRQo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvnW3GE0uo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_aPJ4B3FM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a39fkcvy3iM

Turkish Kangal dog is the most powerful dog breed of the world. No wolves or other dogs can challange with Kangal. If I find more videos I will post. Please tell your opinions about Turkish Kangal dog. A male Kangal's height is about 30 inches to 39 inches. (75-100 cm).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

A lot of those the dogs don't look too friendly, and the people seam pleased about that. also, in a lot of those, the living conditions don't look good.

It looks like they are made to be fighting dogs. I don't see why anyone would want to challenge their pet with a wolf or another dog.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

These dogs are gorgeous, but your comments are stupid and foolish...why anyone thinks that it is cool to show off their dogs being aggressive is beyond me.

Most of the dogs in those videos are in very poor body condition and living conditions...most of them don't look healthy...I don't know where you are from, but here in America we take pride in caring for our dogs the best, making sure they are in the healthiest of living conditions and mind and temperament...not because they look cool and can beat up a wolf or another dog....

Last edited by Riddick; 10-19-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I wish you found something that looked more beneficial for the breed like if they are good rescue dogs because of their power or something, not that it makes them great fighters.

It just makes me angry. Especially those that are in horrible living conditions all chained up with big heavy chains, owners trying to get them to bark at other dogs, and those that look sickly. They are pretty dogs, and that is no way to treat them or show them off as.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I think some people might be judging a little too harshly. What if they are in training for things? If they are bred to be protective... then barking at people and/or other animals may not be such a bad thing. I'm sure I can find a police dog who would be in similar behaviour, but that doesn't make it bad.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

The dogs in vids i seen certainly dont look unhealthy, they look a nice weight for a large breed dog. Too much weight just put uneccessary strain on joints.

Gorgeous dogs

Dog~ Nika (f)
Cats~Scamp (m) & Simvar (m)
Fish~Tropicals & Goldies

RIP Scooby doo & Louise
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

some of the videos are healthy looking, others are looking less.

I don't see how dog aggressiveness helps them be protective. plus i haven't seen any training of police dogs that they train them to challenge a wolf or other dog Have you??

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 03:34 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

They maybe using them to protect other animals from wolves or feral dogs....Maremma and other breeds do the same job...

Dog~ Nika (f)
Fish~Tropicals & Goldies

RIP Scooby doo & Louise
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Riddick you are too rude be careful next time. And to tell something about Turkish Kangal dog in Turkey we use it to protect our houses mostly, then protect our animals from wolves or bears or other animals. Turkish Kangal is both guard and shepherd dog. But if you want to buy a Kangal puppy you must take special permission. Everyone can't take them outside. These dogs can do everything for their owners. Even they can be police dogs by training. They are very good watchkeepers. Also there are other Turkish breeds: Akbash and Kars dogs. Akbash dogs are white and Kars dogs are just like Caucasian ovcharka dog. Kars dog is coming from the same line with caucasian. So you can call a Kars dog 'Caucasian' too. It won't be too wrong. And Kangal is the best from those three dogs about specialities and other things.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I've not heard of the breed before in all honestly. Magnificent animal i must say! Anything else you can add on the breed GreatDog??

Dog~ Nika (f)
Fish~Tropicals & Goldies

RIP Scooby doo & Louise

Last edited by Sharni; 10-20-2008 at 06:18 AM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
some of the videos are healthy looking, others are looking less.

I don't see how dog aggressiveness helps them be protective. plus i haven't seen any training of police dogs that they train them to challenge a wolf or other dog Have you??
Some people in the world still use dogs for a purpose, and not just to be a pretty 'pet'.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I'm very happy to see that you like this breed Sharni. Here is some photos of Turkish Kangal dog for you:

I hope you like them..
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Adolescent Pup

I love this breed as well, they are gorgeous animals...

but I don't see how having so many of them chained up in one space is good for guarding? Or making them sit alone in kennels when you say they thrive on pleasing people and attention...

and I didn't say ALL of them looked unhealthy...but several of them do look very skinny and have dull coats and sores on their legs....
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Guarded by Waffles

They are beautiful dogs but I must agree with Riddick, how can having so many in one spot with bad living conditions be used for protection? I had one German Shepherd and she was very friendly unless you crossed her by attacking her family and then, AND ONLY THEN was she mean.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Turkish Kangal dogs are very friendly unless you attack the owner or owner's properties or make a threat to them. By the way some of the dogs may not have a good place to live in. But this is his owner's fault, not mine. In the future please care for your dogs better if you don't want to make them ill. I have the same opinion with all of you, if we are buying a dog, we must find its mate and give it a good life which it will like. Also chained dogs are not chained all the time. I agree with you..

Tags
kangal