Two dogs that we are looking at.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Two dogs that we are looking at....

Dave and I were originally going to adopt an American Bulldog but the breeder wanted $400 for her and we figured there are so many APBT's that need homes, we opted to adopt from a rescue.

The first dog is "Precious". She was found as a stray and is currently living in a foster home. We saw her last weekend and we are quite taken with her. She has a great personality and is a total sweetheart. Once our references are checked, the girl from the shelter will arrange for her and Logan to meet a few times.

On Christmas weekend, there was a dog living at a vet's office that was going to be put to sleep. A vet found her as a stray. She had just had a c-section and whoever did it, did a horrible job. So, the vet corrected the procedure and spayed her. Because of the overload of dogs coming into the vet's office to be boarded for the holidays, they were going to have to put her to sleep because they didn't have the room for her. I called the vet's office and was interested in rescuing this girl but nobody at the vet's office did any temperament testing and I was a bit leary of bringing her into our home without any evidence that she wasn't food aggressive, dog aggressive, small animal aggressive, etc. It broke my heart to know the vet's office was going to have her put to sleep because everyone at the vet's office said how sweet she was. Not to mention the fact that someone bred her, kept the puppies, and let her loose in the streets! Whoever owned her did a home crop on her ears! Disgusting!

Lo and behold today I was on Petfinder and saw her! Someone ended up rescuing her and she is in a foster home! : cheerful: She is still in need of a home and I called the girl that is fostering her and she said she has had all the proper tests done. She is very low key and a couch potato. She gets along with small animals, loves dogs and is a little shy around humans but warms up to them once she meets them. I am quite smitten with this girl as well and she is coming over tomorrow so her and Logan can meet. I think I feel closer to "Molly" because of everything she has been through.

Of course Logan has to meet both girls a few times before we make a decision and Dave and I have to get a feel for both girls as well.

Either way I think we have an opportunity to take in a wonderful dog!

Here is "Molly":

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:15 PM

They are both beautiful. Either will make a great addition I think. Personally, I am totally taken in by Molly.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They both sound wonderful Denise. I'm sure one of them will be the right fit for you!

Molly's pic just breaks my heart, her poor ears! Give her extra love for me when you see her!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 12:11 AM

They are both beautiful! I personally like Precious better... but Molly's pic breaks my heart too. 8( Not only the ears... but looks like she was bred a couple of times... right? 8(
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

they are both gorgeous! What a tough decision you have to make Denise! Hopefully one stands out as the perfect addition to your family cause it sure will be hard saying no to either of those faces!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 10:04 AM

They're both beautiful. Good luck in your decision!
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 10:08 AM

I can see where this would be a hard decision. Maybe Logan will make it easy for you and only like one of them. *shrug* I feel bad for Molly. She was obviously treated poorly.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I think either of them would make a wonderful addition to your home, and like dragonmaster said, maybe Logan will make it easy on you and pick a favorite! I think they both have sad stories, but poor Molly!! They are both gorgeous by the way too!

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

they are so gorgeous...I hope Logan takes more to one then the other, then the choice will be made for you...Molly has sweet eyes...my daughter loves precious lol...good luck

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Molly will be coming here at 6:30 pm CST tonight! I can't wait to meet her.

I don't know how many times she was bred but it appears whatever arsehole had her, just used her for breeding purposes.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:48 PM

Cant wait to see which one you choose Denise, I personally think I would go for Molly, but then again...........
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

I am in LOVE!! Molly is gorgeous and has a sweet personality. I am really in awe of her. She has such a great personality considering all that she has been through. Her and Logan were tearing it up in the backyard! She is built like a tank and does not know her own strength and tackled Logan a few times. She is coming back this Friday so Dave can meet her and Logan and her can interact again.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Sounds like you had a good evening! She sounds like a sweetheart!

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:38 PM

Awww, I'm so glad things went well with her!
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

It sounds like Molly is stealing your heart Denise!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
dog bed, ear infection