Two Things About Polo (the freak!) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Two Things About Polo (the freak!)

The dog needs sunblock!!!!!!

For those who don't remember... Polo has a rather large scar right on the top his head...

Well guess what... the silly thing got sunburned! (Ok..yes I feel bad for him..he doesn't like his head scratched right now lol). Result...I now have to dab a bit of sunblock on his head everyday if it's going to be too sunny out.... GO FIGURE! LOL

#2)

Well... my dear hubby couldn't take it anymore. Polo was having way too much fun running around the pool freaking out about Chelsea being IN the pool. He looked like he wanted to go soooo bad so hubby figured he'd "help him along". Well guess what!?!?!

Polo can NOT -- I reapeat..can NOT Swim!!!

Not at all! He can't even "panic his way to the edge". Nothing. Zilch. Notta. No swimming ability whatsoever... not even a dog paddle! He sinks like a rock! It's gotta be that 70lb butt on him who knows...

So I had to dive in after him and put my rusty life saving skills to work (which are like ummmm nothing) and try to get him out of the pool. With my son's help he was rescued... and he had a BIG HUGE GRIN ON HIS FACE TOO lol...immediately started running around the pool and playing again. Well silly hubby figures... Maybe he was just stunned... all dogs can swim.... so he nudges him again (this time in the shallow end) and nope.... Polo can't swim. 3ft is too deep for him. He TRIED to doggy paddle a lil bit but it failed.... this dog sinks! So another rescue and we've decided that poor Polo wont be getting swim time this year unless he gets a raft!

Anyone ever have a dog that just can't swim? I don't mean "doesn't like to swim" I mean just CAN'T ?

Silly oaf.... I luv him lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Oh my! I don't think I've ever met, nor heard of until now, a dog that couldn't swim!

That's too funny! poor guy...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 02:22 PM

I dont think I have ever heard of a dog that cant swim LOL Poor Polo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thats funny!! Well of course since he was rescued each time...

I have heard of many dogs that cant swim and just sink, but all the ones I have heard of have been Boxers...just because of their deep chests...Im suprised Polo cant!! Harlie can...we have never tried with Max since he is so big...and obviously since Grace is new in the house, she hasnt either...we might see if they can this year...haha. With a rescuer ready!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 06:43 PM

A dog that can't swim? Poor Polo!!

Great Story Deb, it was fun reading!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, poor Polo!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 06:56 PM

What about kiddie floaters for his arms???
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

lol padfoot!!!!!

have you thought about getting him a plastic kiddie pool from wal-mart to splash around in?

poor little polo!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Biscuit can't swim!!!! She ends up vertical, bum on the ground. she can keep herself a float but definently not a graceful doggy paddler!!! Generally at the beach, she stays where her feet can touch the ground...she's been getting brave though, and will swim for about 5 seconds...but not out to sea, across the sea, so she can touch the ground in a second again!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Polo just needs some floaties for his legs and one of those belts to tie around his waist. AND a doggy life vest.

That should keep him afloat.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 11:06 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

LOL... Now, here's a question-

Can you teach a dog to swim??

Like, what if you were to hold him up (he wouldn't feel like the oaf he is when under the water!) by the chest and let him figure out that he has to paddle with his feet and keep his back up? In the shallow end of course!!

Heck, that's how my sisters taught me to swim! LOL