Tyson Was Bad.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Arrow Tyson Was Bad..

Well i got up this morn and what did i find all over my living room floor, a land mine field of doggy poo.. oh i was so mad.. he went out last night at 3:30am and then i was up by 9am.. oh talk about a doggy in the dog house... He had it everywhere... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... Well time to get the steam cleaner out... what a wake up call.... Bad boy!!!

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 04:30 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Oh no! Hmmm, I bet you had fun today....

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 07:00 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

not kool!!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh no! Hope you weren't barefoot! (ok, had to insert a little humor there)

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

pigsterz I've stepped barefoot into cat puke

Bearacuda- yikes! What do you suppose triggered him to do that? I'd be rippin' mad too... but I'm thinking something had to trigger that.... ???

I am guessing that he's not crated at night? Could something have scared or ticked him off or maybe triggered a bad memory and then he responded? wow...

more than just one pile of it makes me think - he ate something that really upset his stomach? or...
he was really trying to send you a clear message!

Yikes - I'm sorry that happened! I know how hard you are working to rehabilitate this dog. You must be frustrated

[center]

[
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

yup i was flamin mad at him man did i have to clean alot.. all i know is when i put him out at 3 in the morn and then he went poo all poo was very normal, then when i got up at 9 wow what a frickin mess it was a somewhat pastey thick type poo several piles.. he was sleeping with Cassie im wondering if he ate something out of the garbage can as his dog food has not changed nor have i givin him anything diffrent... I know one thing tonight hes in the crate for sure.... if he thinks hes gona do that to piss me off for not letting him sleep in my bed hes wrong all its gona get him is crate time.. I can only let so many dogs on the bed and the rest sleep with cassie.. so we try to switch um up every few nights Luna here in ours then Tyson and then Sheba she dont get along with other dogs so we have to sneak her in... LOL!!!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 09:40 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

Quote:
Ditto here...and it was still warm!

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

(nodnodnod) still warm - and squishy between the toes

Bearacuda,
I think you are right, he may have eaten something from the garbage- but still - it also may have given him the ammo (so to speak lol ) to act out against you that way.

I agree with crating him at night too - at least until you have him totally in line as far as who is head of the pack. If something ticked him off or spooked him - crating him will make him feel more safe and secure. But you know this already

How is he doing since his big explosion?
LOL I think it's cute how you sneak Sheba in.

Man, you have the patience of a saint!!

[center]

[
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Well i didnt step in it thats for sure... LOL!! anyways Tyson is back to normal as far as poo goes super firm and small.. All i know is now that hes feeling alot better he is showing us things we do not care for, he growls when on the couch and we tell him to move to his part of the couch with his blanket, well that dont cut it hes learning real fast im alpha here and top dog period!! He also acts wierd, more or less tunning us out when we ask him to do something and only listening to us when he wants, that prob is getting fixed to.. he gets put in the crate at night now till we have some issues figured out and corrected.. Hes very tolerant of kids and other animals, so i think hes using his age as a difient to try to get his way.. dogs are smarter than people realize.. He came in not only sick and neglected but also with alot of baggedge we dont want and will not tolerate.. I am really leaning twoards the collar burn on the neck as they may have chained him up to something in the house to keep him under control.. That will not happen here.... He dont play with toys and dont show any intrest in treats, so he never recived that where he came from...
So he is gaining weight very well now and was wormed again, we are treating his nervous lick sores and keeping them bandaged plus the vet may put him on a angziety med for awhile to see if it helps.. Im not a person that gives up when it comes to rehabilating a animal, As for the dog crate it works but you cant use it to much or your dog will develop crate syndrom and crate agressiveness.. alot of problems stem from that crate.. as for sneaking Sheba in yup its fun, we put Luna and Tyson in the bedroom with JR as thats where he spends alot of time watching TV and for few hrs Sheba is in the house having fun eatting and relaxing and getting spoiled, then she goes outside for awhile then comes back in.. its a rotating deal... LOL!!!! Everyone in this house gets quality time and lots of attention..... I truley think Tyson was trying to get a point thru and his angziety was to much and he got the squirts from it and figured he iwill fix you.. well it wont happen again.... There was alot of things that was very much hidden about this dog and they were just trying to pass him off, well they aint gettin him back thats for sure.....

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

when my dog chaquita gets nervous her poopies get softer and she goes a lot when she is anxious. even if i just took her out. maybe he got scared during the night and just had (what i like to call: ) anxiety poopy. mine does this when i leave for even 1 MIN! she will poopy a full amount.
hope everything's ok.
i know what you are going through!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 12:02 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Deja
HA HA! Deja and CandyCane--I got you beat!!!

One night while sleeping, I rolled over into a nice, steamy pile of puke right on my pillow!! You better believe Samantha was banned from sleeping on my pillow from then on!

And I agree, I vouch for crating at night. We crated our Rottweilers up until just recently, but they still are limited to two bedrooms. We put a baby gate up at the top of the steps and then close the bathroom door as well at the office and guest room doors. They are allowed to lay down anywhere in the hallway or in my parents bedroom.

Now that I'm sleeping in my room again (the attic instead the guest bedroom) Sam sleeps with me, but NOT on my pillow, she lays next to me or on my stomach. I close her in my bedroom because she is still a little ticked that I moved her litter box and pee's in the other room on my dirty laundry. And she won't go to the litter box in the basement because the dogs might be at the bottom of the ladder. At least she's considerate enough to do it on the dirty laundry... but it still irks me. I can never catch her doing it but I smell the urine...

Welp, time to go do more laundry,

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Well we have not had any probs with potty in the house since that night, Tyson stays out of the crate all day and almost all night till i go to bed which is super late around 3am and he goes out to potty at that time then into the crate he goes but im back up no later than 7 or 8 am so hes not in the crate very long.. He is eatting better and gaining weight very slowly but getting there...His legs are working better since hes been on vitamins/minerals and glucosamine. He does have anxiety problems, rubs face, licks paws and other things so he will be going on some meds for that as well.. He does fine with loud things and even thunder so atleast i dont have to worry about that....

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 02:31 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Quote:
One night while sleeping, I rolled over into a nice, steamy pile of puke right on my pillow!!
That is disgusting!!

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 02:35 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

LOL!--It was all in on my cheek and in my hair....

I was gaggin' mind you!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Poopsie AppleNose

Well just when i was thinking i could trust Tyson, his poo was very normal and he was doing well i put him out at 3:30am and was normal poo again and i figured since im getting up at 7am i will go ahead and trust him for once.. Well sure enough a pile of wet pastey poo was waitting for me on the living room floor.. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Thats it he stays in the crate every night permanetly... So since my bedroom door and cassies bedroom door was open and he could have came and slept in with one of us he got nervous and desided to poo on the floor to piss me off.. It will NOT happen again!!!

Tags
dog food, litter box