Underfoot - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Underfoot

I have a GSD pup who is about 8 months now, Simon. He's really been growing and is a big boy. He was fairly good about walking to my side, until Saturday.......

Saturday we got a new puppy ! Cookie is a australian shepherd pup, 8 weeks and such a little fluff ball. We hope they will make nice companions with each other, and so far they have been really enjoying each other so that is promising. (We haven't done pics yet)

Cookie is underfoot like puppies often are until they get trained, (I am assuming this is normal) but I'm going to break my back in a fall any minute I am sure.

Here is the scenario: Cookie must follow me..must follow mommy..must follow mommy........

Simon always follows me too but now Simon is more like, must follow mommy, must follow puppy...

I can't walk. When I do try to walk I am trying to be so careful not to step or fall on either of them but they are always right under foot. I tell Simon to sit, and he will for a minute but it's hard for him right now with the new puppy being such a distraction he goes right back to , must follow puppy.

I'm really not sure if there is anything that can be done about this, or if I am just going to have to wait it out and hope I don't fall in the meantime.

Any suggestions?

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

okay I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh, but I so have gone through what you are going through....I have only ever let ours that did that know that it's not nice, as mommy get's hurt (on several occasions), not that telling them worked or anything, but it did help a little, eventually ours grew out of it....I know other's will hopefully have more helpful advice for ya....Hang in there and don't break a leg on us
P.S. congrats on the new pup can't wait to see pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
australian shepherd