Update on the bulldog story...... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Update on the bulldog story......

Ok so I have now gone off the idea again!!! The girl I job share with gave me one of her puppies to look after for 6 days....he is a great puppy....he knows sit, he isn't toilet trained but refuses to come back inside unless he is finished and sleeps all night long and he is still driving me INSANE!!!! I am soooooooo not ready for a puppy yet. It's too soon after all the training with Biscuit and it feels like starting all over with this puppy and today is my second day with him. Admittedly I am extremely tired and he kept barking at Molly in her free time and he would not shutup!! He has never seen rabbits before so I know it is expected and I'm just ignoring him for the most part with the occassional quiet but this is what puppy world will be like....I'm not ready!!!!

On Monday night alex told me to just wait until we get back from our world trip...his words were that we'll have something to look forward to and that we could have be training the puppy while we try for our first child and by the end of my pregnancy it would then be a dog and be properly trained so I wouldn't be having a puppy and a baby at the same time. So I think I'm back to that now! If I can't handle a puppy then then I won't be having babies either!! I don't think I've mentioned this before either but when Alex and I return from our world trip we will be married (cause I swear I'll kill him if we aren't!!!) and we'll be starting a family...it will be our last big holiday childless...well that's the plan so far which still totally freaks me out but we do want children and want to be youngish when we have them

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
If I can't handle a puppy then then I won't be having babies either!!
Oh don't you worry about that. There's no comparison. Babies are much more difficult and take a lot longer to grow up!

You're going to be fine, I may not know you well, but I've got a good feeling about it and the fact that you want to...and that you're willing to try different things and THINK IT THROUGH says a LOT

Do be careful on the "training while pregnant" part. I see no reason why you can't handle it if you want to but there are plenty of reasons to think very carefully prior to diving in.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're wanting a pit bull? They can be a bit jealous so of course you'll want to be careful to ensure the pit doesn't get the attidue "I was here before baby so the baby has to go". I usually lean toward "baby first then puppy"...but I know PLENTY of people have had it work well both ways..so a lot just depends on how you're feeling about it and how much help hubby-to-be is able to GUARANTEE you. There will be "mornings" where you're just not "up to it" if ya know what I mean

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Carmen, when do you plan on going on your world trip? That is good you recognized the fact you can't handle a puppy right now. Your time will come to adopt an Aussie Bulldog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Carmen I agree with Denise ....So when are you going on your trip? next year right? so babies shortly after with lot's of pictures right? hehehe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

no my trip is in like 3.5 years Kim!!!!! OMG me and a baby next year?? NOOOOO!!!! I can't even change a nappy!!!!

Deb I want an Aussie bulldog (same as english but they have bred their english dogs that have adapted to aussie's heat better....which is useful cause we move around a lot and don't always have a/c in the house). I know there will be mornings when I'm not 'up to it' but I also won't be working when I'm pregnant. That is something that Alex and I have discussed many times before....I stop working as soon as we find out I'm pregnant and don't go back to work until our last child is at school. When I'm pregnant I want to be able to look after myself. I have slight back problems and with my small frame I need to be careful! So while some mornings i wouldn't be up to it I'd have the rest of the day to train. Plus no one in my family has had bad morning sickness yet and I have a really strong stomach so I'm guessing I'll be the same. I understand the whole dog being jealous of the baby thing but we would be putting everything into place before hand by having her around young children and babies a lot!!! To be honest I'll be more worried about biscuit!!! she'll be around 8-9 years old and while she is great around children now we don't know many so she is going to need to be de-sensitized!!!!
Thanks for the concern though! I appreciate it!!!!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Nappy! I haven't heard that in ages. Carmen, in 3.5 years Alex better propose! That would be cool if he proposed on your trip.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh I'm sorry denise...a diaper!!! We call them nappy's mainly over here!!!!
Denise I want to elope on our trip!!! I told him he can propose to me and we can get married the same day if he desires!!!!

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Carmen, I have friends in England so I recognized that word.

That would be so cool to get married on your trip! Just think you have so many places to choose from! Excuse me for being daft but give me a rundown on the places you will be visiting.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

um ok we are visiting everywhere!!!! Hence....world trip!!! We will spend most of our time in the us and in Europe and I really want to see Thailand as well. We haven't sat down and thought about it just yet. We are doing a tour around Europe next year for 17 days and will get to see a bit so we're going to decide where we want to spend more time in after that. I wanna get married in Venice!!!! Once our trip is over next year then we'll start looking into it more.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

You are coming to the United States?! Where?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

she'd better be coming to texas first!!

wow carmen! that's so awesome you had a trial run. i really really want to have a trial run with a rottie before i get one. (anyone willing to lend me your rott? haha!)

a baby??????? omg! forget the dog - what's up with this baby stuff?? you are so young!!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jane yeah but I'll 26 by the time i actually have one!!!! When you are with someone for so long you do talk about these things you know!! i want all my kids before I'm 30. Denise I'll be going all over and of course stopping over at whoever wants to meet me!!! Yes Jane I'm coming to Texas!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

see...i don't want kids till i'm about 30.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 01:33 PM

Good luck...With the pup and getting pregnant!

Tags
pit bull