Update on Cookie and me... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Update on Cookie and me...

Hi all...

It brings me with great sadness and yet happiness at the same time, to tell you that Cookie is no longer with me anymore.

About 30 minutes ago, she has found a new home. The woman and her fiance seem like amazing people... honestly. They have a 2 yr old mini dachshund that will keep Cookie company and a fenced in yard for them to play with. Cookie seemed comfortable with them, she didn't bark at them or anything. And they seemed like they would treat her like a queen. I started crying once she left, but yet, I feel better that now she's going to get the love and attention she deserves and all I can do is pray that she's happy. I'm going to miss her dearly.

My ex passed by this morning to say goodbye to her too and he was crying as well. Cookie is just so darn cute...

My father is back home... They had to unclog his artery from the heart attack with a catheter (sp?) and had to put a stent so that his artery is kept open for the rest of his life. He's doing fine now and hopefully he'll continue to do fine.

And now... as for me... this is the beginning of changing my life around, dealing with everything going on, and hopefully bettering myself (physically and emotionally).

I want to thank all of you for your kindness and support. Even though I no longer have any pets to talk about I will still visit to chat. You all have been a great deal of help and I truly appreciate it!

Take care...

Jessica

My zoo: 2 Ferrets named Natira and McCoy and lots of different fishies, snails, and african dwarf froggies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I just wanted to give you a big hug. Feel free to stop by any time and say hi, you're always welcome. Take care of you.

Stephanie

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Yes definently still stop by and say hi to us....pt won't be the same if you don't! i'm glad Cookie's gone to a nice home...I'm sure you'll miss her terribly all the same but just picture her at her happiest and know that that is what she will be like! I'm glad you're dad's back home and doing good too. All I can say is start enjoying your new life...make it what you want it to be and don't forget to keep us updated! *huge hugz* One day you'll be ready for another animal, just take your time and get yourself back on track first :smile:

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I wanted to give you a big hug too I know you are going though some very painful changes in your life and I so admire you - you are handling it all like the strong, strong person I know you are.

Please don't leave us! Your input and experience are so valuable - and the Chit Chat section needs you too!

I am so glad that your father is doing well. Things look like they will be getting back on track for you too. I am so glad that Cookie will have a buddy to play with and a family to love and care for her. I do know you will miss her... as I always say - she will always be in your heart.
Please take care of you! I've really enjoyed reading your posts and I will miss you if you aren't around!

[center]

[
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you, guys! You are all so sweet! I will continue to visit and will definitely try to give my input on things when I can..

You are all the best!

Jessica

My zoo: 2 Ferrets named Natira and McCoy and lots of different fishies, snails, and african dwarf froggies.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I am so glad Cookie went to a good home! I know how hard it was for you to let her go. I definatley want you to stay around and chat with all of us! I will miss you if you don't!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww Jesssica! I am so glad that Cookie found a great home, but so sad for you at the same time. I know how much you will miss her. I kind of had a feeling everything was going to work out with her on Saturday.

I'm so glad your father is doing so well and back home!!!! I have been thinking about you, hoping everything was ok.

You better not be going anywhere girl!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

hey dude...you still have tons of info to add! don't leave us!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Definitely will not leave this time, you guys are a great bunch and I still love dogs and animals, it isn't going to make me stop visiting and I like chatting with y'all! Thanks again for all of your support. I'm missing Cookie, but I spoke with the woman yesterday and she said she gets along great with her dog, Vinnie (2 yr old mini dachshund) and that she loosened up already. I'm glad she's happy and will always think about her.

Thanks again for being so sweet.

Jessica

Tags
doing fine