An update on my puppy - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 09:58 PM

cute puppy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 12:47 AM
Miss New Booty

Awww Scarlette, she is adorable!!!!!!! Can't wait for more pics girl!!!!!!! Any more ideas for a name? Glad to hear everything is going pretty well!! I'm so glad she has you, girl!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygurl823
Any more ideas for a name?
Hows about badger
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 02:36 AM

Aww...Scarlette! She's so pretty! I just love "egg heads" Sounds like she's very intelligent too! Caught on to the sit command very quickly! Great job!
Just a side note about bully breed females and peeing...most female bullies I've known will occasionally pee out of submission...Kali did this the entire first year of her life...mostly when she got over excited...at 3 years old, she still does it occasionally when specific friends come over that she LOVES (our friend Brandon knows not to wear sandels over here because Kali gets so excited she'll sit on his feet and dribble while wiggling her butt ) I'm sure right now though it is a housebreaking thing...but be prepared for over excited dribbles too
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

She's not submissive peeing, she's definitely an Alpha female. My doberman was a submissive pee-er (is pee-er even a word? ) and when she did it she looked like she was scared of something and would let loose. The puppy will actually sniff around and then squat.

I bought some Nutro puppy food and she absolutely loves it! I mix it in with her other food so that we can slowly transition over to it but she will sort through the bowl and pick out the Nutro pieces.

Yesterday while we were playing in the front yard the horses came over to the fence. The puppy stopped playing and looked at them, then whined and tried to run back to the house. She's afraid of them right now which is probably a good thing. She will never be able to run around in the barnyard with me like my doberman does because the puppy could easily get stepped on due to being deaf.

As far as a name.......I'm still leaning toward Echo but it's not official yet.

Rhonda

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Capn, I posted in my other thread about how the breeder "would make it right" with me. I'm feeling pretty lazy today so I cut and pasted it into this thread.

Quote:
He said I could send her back, he'd give me another puppy, blah blah blah. I asked how much money he would refund if I kept her. He said only half. Half is still quite a bit so I argued with him.....I didn't tell him that I would've kept her even if he didn't refund any money. I talked him way down on the price and ended up talking him into only charging me for the shipping, crate, and her first shots. He finally agreed to that only because he didn't want the puppy shuffled around from home to home, he knew that she had a good home with me.

Rhonda

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 10:16 AM

Sorry! Ray is even asking about her. God I would love a puppy! LOL I am glad she is learning quickly and she is just so cute!
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 05:04 PM

Kali isn't so much a submissive pee-er anymore...she's the dominant one of the dogs, but more of the over-excited pee-er for certain people. It definetly sounds like that is not the case for your little girl though.
I love the name Echo! She does look like an Echo to me!
Nutro Puppy is the best in my opinion! My dogs have all grown up on Nutro and have always done really well on it. I'm glad to hear she likes it too.
It sounds like you are doing an awsome job with her She's such a little doll! Congrats again!
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Hey Scarlette you should call her Echo.....it's the type of car I drive!! It's all about ME!! haha j/j

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

I met the nicest guy at the boat harbor tonight. I saw him on Saturday with his dog and I noticed him doing hand signals and the dog was so smart, never took her eyes off her owner. I wanted to talk to him then but Jeff was pretty sick so we left. I saw the guy again tonight and went right over to talk to him. I had my puppy with me and explained my situation. He gave me some tips on how to keep her attention focused on me. He was really sweet with the puppy and told me how lucky I was to have her.

I have learned quite a bit in the last week. I can hardly wait for her to master one trick before I go onto the next. I get so excited when I signal her to sit and she plops her little butt right down. I didn't realize how much I've been taking for granted with my other dog Scarlette.

I haven't introduced the two of them yet. My puppy is pretty nippy right now and I don't want Scarlette to freak out if she gets bit. Scarlette actually prefers to stay outside in her 10x30 kennel in the summer time. If I bring her in she whines until I let her back out. So, I guess getting the puppy in the summer time is working out really well for all of us. Once the puppy learns to stop biting then I will let those 2 play together. For right now I think it's best to keep them separated.

Rhonda

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 AM

I am glad you met someone who can give you some tips, and I am glad things are working out well for Echo.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 09:21 AM

that's great. Nothing like tips from someone who's been in your shoes.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 09:39 AM

Scarlette, she is a little princess! Look at that sweet little face. And that patch over her eye? Sounds like she has totally captivated your heart. Glad to hear the training is coming along. I am so happy for you Scarlette.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 12:08 PM

I'm glad to hear things are going well! Your puppy will come out of the chewing stage sometime in the next year.. Kali and Orion both were like that for the first year of their lives...redirecting attention from hands and feet with chew toys should help a lot. Kali used to chew up her owners chairs, walls, you name it...When we got her, we spent over $250 on toys to destroy and she never chewed anything she wasn't supposed to again. Orion, well, he chewed up my $150 sandals and some underwear, but that's about it. After the first year, he was over it. Although when you do introduce your new puppy to your other dog, watch out! Bullies like to pull the feet out from under other dogs Kali and Orion like to do that to each other when they are wrestling...Orion's father lives with one of his daughters from another litter and she does that to him ALL the time...that's how he ends up falling in the pool half the time! Airus pulls Merc's feet out from under him while he's standing at the edge of the pool and he falls in! Of course, he isn't a swimmer and sinks to the bottom so someone always has to save his sorry butt...they are never outside unattended! You are going to have SO much fun with your little girl! The funny things they do and loving attitudes are going to keep you laughing for years to come! Deaf or not, she's going to be worth everything to you! How could you ever resist that face? She's going to catch on to all her hand signal commands quicker than you know! If she's already got 'sit' down, the others will come easily! You are lucky to have each other
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She's adorable! I'm glad she is doing so well! You'll have her fully trainned in no time!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
barf diet, cattle dog, chew toy, chew toys, puppy food, table scraps, urinary tract infection