Update Us! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Update Us!

A lot of people haven't posted pictures of their doggies or said anything about them in awhile. Update us!

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 09:32 AM

That ought to be interesting..... i'll try to do that later today if i can.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:38 AM

reggie's newest game is tug of war with the leash. i have a couple problems with this--i don't play tug of war with him cause it is already a constant power struggle with him as to who is dominant. also it is really hard to walk a 60 lb. dog who is trying to pull the leash out of your hand. player is doing alright, he has arthritis in his hips and it seems to be acting up lately, he is limping more. i am going to check out the pain relievers for dogs at petco soon since glucosamine doesn't seem to cut it anymore. those are the major things going on here with our two guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara8
player is doing alright, he has arthritis in his hips and it seems to be acting up lately, he is limping more. i am going to check out the pain relievers for dogs at petco soon since glucosamine doesn't seem to cut it anymore. those are the major things going on here with our two guys.
Believe it or not, acupuncture helps.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Any excuse to talk about my dog!
Poppy's still doing great, her Megaesophagus seems to be under control and she only coughs when she has a drink. Yay!! The problem I have is that our vet won't clean her teeth, he says they're fine but he wouldn't even look at them because he's afraid of her , she's brilliant at home, I can brush them but they do need a proper clean. After I've been on holiday I'm going to take her to a different vet.

Here's some photos of Poppy and Mr Pineapple!!

Sara8, I hope you manage to figure something out for Player soon!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

Oh, what to say about Lucy.
Well. Housebreaking is going well, we only have an accident every couple days or so. She's understanding more that going potty is for outside, and is in the beginning stages of letting us know she has to go out. And the best part is--she has hookworms.

Molly is just...Molly, lol. She's doing fine, as always, but now we have to make sure she doesn't have hookworms as well.

Excuse for pictures:
Molly-

Lucy-

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Puppers is having a few bad days as of late, he is 13 years old and is showing signs of arthritis (aussie)...he still wants to play ball constantly (our ballaholic) and loves going to my grandmas to play with her girl dogs lol...

Lady (cocker) is doing great, we are getting ready to take her in to get her summer cut, she is so happy go lucky its wonderful lol...

Penny (yorkie) is still a pain lol, she thinks shes a big ol' dog and wants to boss the others around...she is the baby by like 4 months lol wierd how shes the smallest and youngest and the meanest lol

all 3 are my babies and I will post pics later on, I took alot of Peppers at my grandmas the other day so I will post them when I get them resized

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
RAT ADDICT

My foster dog Brandy is doing greyt...just got spyed the other day and is doing pretty well...

I am sad to say she has a home now lined up...in one more week she will be flying to her new home in Alberta.It will be a sad day, as she has grown on me... But it will be a happy day as well! As she will find her forever home with a wonderful family in Alberta.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Last week Sophie was a bit sick for a couple of days but is feeling much better now and tomorrow is her birthday . I bought her a ton of presents .

Rocky is getting into trouble like always. He turns three years old next weekend .

My mom's puppy, Bambi, is doing well but is having trouble with housebreaking.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 10:51 PM

Great idea! I LOVE hearing about everyone's doggies! I bought a new digital camera and should be receiving it soon. The other one I had was new but the software gave me problems so I thought what the heck, I will buy a new one! I can't wait to take pictures of my 2 Pit Bulls. I guess I can provide an update in the meantime.

Logan will be 10 months old at the end of this month. He is over 50 pounds and very lean. He has an extremely high drive and I would like to put that to use with agility or tracking. He has a good heart and just adores everyone. He had a bald spot on his hindquarter a few months ago and we took him to the vet. The vet did two skin scrapings, one for mange (I would have been PISSED if he had that!) and one for fungus. Both turned out negative. The fur was growing in really slow and didn't look good so my husband said to shave the entire area and start fresh. Lo and behold, it is working. His fur is growing in evenly and the same color. He knows how to give: high five, both paws (not at the same time of course), roll over, speak on command, and knows the wait command. I just love him to pieces!

Molly has come a long way since we adopted her in January. She came to us with raw skin and a horrible ear infection and a bit on the thin side. Her skin has cleared up tremondously and her ears still give her problems because of allergies but they are under control. She has a really nice hourglass figure now. She has filled out and looks awesome. She was having problems with housetraining in the beginning but she knows potty is only for outside and not on the carpeting. She is an angel and so darned loveable! She is protective of me and our home. She knows how to sit, stay, roll over and give one paw. Still working on the other one.

And I have been going on major shopping sprees for both of them. They both have two, new, beautiful beds and lots of new toys and bully sticks.

Sorry for the novel but I rarely brag about my dogs on here.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

This is a good thread! Great to read about what everyone's dog's are up to!
Biscuit is losing weight (ok well I think she is...she looks less keg like but I haven't actually weighed her) and she's still the sweetest dog with her annoying habits that drive me insane but I love anyway! She adores Emily and nothing gets Emily laughing like Biscuit does. All she has to do is walk past her and Emily giggles her little head off. Biscuit really does enjoy being the only dog in the house, she's a little attention seeker!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Good to hear about everyone's dogs

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:44 PM

we have had cold rain rain rain here in mi and it has been hard to get reggie out for some exercise. he is starting to go a little stir crazy and naughtier than usual. i may have to just brave it tonight and take him out. both dogs have started on nutro and they love it. we had a little iams left and tried to feed it to them and reggie pulled his nose in the air and wouldn't touch it. it was really funny. i think i will go buy bag of food to add to the leftovers and donate it all to the shelter.

Tags
doing fine, ear infection, pit bull, pit bulls