Photos! Wanting to do something for my dog harley for his first year with us - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Wanting to do something for my dog harley for his first year with us

So coming up is my dog's anniversary of being with me and my fiancee for a year. We adopted him from our local humane society on the 24th of febuary which is coming up very soon. I was planning on getting him into the groomer's so that he can look all spiffy for his english bulldog girlfriend olivia but after that i am not sure what i want to do. I need some suggestion's since i want to make that day very special for my little guy. We did something very special for him on valentine's day since last year that was the day he was brought in from his old owner. I know alot of the people i know would think that was crazy to celebrate this type of thing but i knew alot of you would understand. He got spoiled a bit yesterday with a brand spanking new leather collar so he can impress the ladies and a couple of treat's and i am also happy to annouce he has gained atleast 4-5 pounds from the time we got him since he was really only skin and bones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1159.jpg (67.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1164.jpg (63.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1173.jpg (58.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1168.jpg (61.3 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww! He's precious!! That is so sweet that you celebrate anniversary's with him!! Growing up we always had birthday parties for our cats!! Everyone though we were nuts!!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thank you. He was a great addition to our family. To me it's not any different then celebrating with human's he just has fur on him. I remember when i was young we had a cocker spaniel and we celebrated his birthday once with a wet dog food cake and he loved it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Newborn Pup

Good for you. You know what, honestly what a dog wants most for any situation is your attention. It should be not so much about stuff or treats, but really paying attention to him. Throw a party but get down on the floor with him from time to time and just play at his level, it's what they love most.

Matt

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Hello Earthling

I always have a little party for my dogs : )

You could get him a stuffed twin : ) and love him all day long : )

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Of course i've seen dog's who's owners never play with them and are locked up all day and the only excercise they get is going outside for 2 hour's and playing with each other and i don't want my dog to end up like that. So i am always with him playing catch or something that is fun for him since he never got that from his owner. But it's more to celebrate how far he's come from when i first got him he was never properly walked on a leash, didn't know his name, didn't know how to be nice to young kids or other animals and didn't go the bathroom outside and when i got him he was only 3.5 pounds and now he's atleast 7 pounds or so so he's come a heck of a long way and im very proud of him.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

That's a good idea and if i can't find one i will let him pick one himself which he has done a couple of times and comes home with these HUGE toys that are even bigger then him which is quite funny.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Wow I can't believe its already been a year...He is just so so so cute

for our girls first year we took them to the dog bakery here in town and got them special treats and then took them to the lake lol mine don't like the groomers so we have to do it at home lol...they played all day in the water with ashley and her friends and then they played ball and chased a duck (on leash so they never got close) we just had fun lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yes a year does fly by very fast when you are having fun with dogs.

That sounds like fun im sure they had a great time. I would love to be able to take harley swimming but he's really scared of water it's really hard to even give him a bath specially when he's on his back he freaks out. We ended up just hanging out at home with him and just playing with him and giving him some treats and he had fun.

Tags
adopted, cutiepie, harley