Warm Fuzzy Feeling - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Warm Fuzzy Feeling

When I went to the vet oday to pick up my buns, I saw this woman, in her thirties or so, with a chocolate lab. This dog was already one and a half years old, and she had gotten it at the pound. This dog is going in for obedience training tomorrow, she said. What made me so happy was that this dog tried to lunge at every other animal in the waiting room and kept on wrapping the leash around the lady's legs and making her trip. Well, that's not the part that makes me happy. She also had her son with her that's about three years old. He was always underfoot too. When the dog was misbehaving, she never hit or yanked him, she only took him by the collar and held him there, which seemed pretty hard to do. She never even yelled at her dog and she pet him to calm him down and immediately rewarded him if he was good. That's what made me have the warm and fuzzy feeling... It's so nice when people totally respect their pets. I thought that lady was so cool and should get a medal or something. We need more people like that in the world today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That is wonderful!!!! She should get a medal!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

That's wonderful, and your right we do need more people in this world like her

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That's a great story. We do need more people like that!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

sooo true.

Tags
chocolate lab, obedience training