We may be getting this pooch! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Talking We may be getting this pooch!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

All we have to do right now is take Harley in to see how they get along! She's an absolute sweetheart, and when we asked how she'd get along with cats, they took her by the rooms to see what she'd do. She looked, but that was about it!

She came from the south, where up here they pretty much rescued her. She was at a shelter and nobody wanted to adopt her. That I don't understand, because she's so sweet. On our way out, I started thinking of names, and I said "Oh, she's a southern belle." So, if we are able to adopt her, her name will be "Belle."

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Good luck! I hope you end up getting her!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Good luck Karen! I hope all goes well and you are able to adopt her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Adolescent Pup

She sounds just right for you guys. Good luck.

Don't forget to update us soon!

Pet parent to Orei and Princess (the kitties), Caeser (the doggie), Marco, Piper and Silferno (the ratties).
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Adolescent Pup

SHe's a cutie. Good luck. Belle is an adorable name. Can't wait to hear updates.

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Goodluck, hope you are able to adopt her and give her the life she deserves

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

good luck! I hope she finds a forever home with you.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Good luck! I hope everything works out!

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

That link won't work for me.

Good luck!

Rhonda

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Hold on Scarlette, I'll get you the link for WI humane society.
http://wihumane.com/adopt/dogs.html

The dog we're looking to adopt is named "Olivia."

Karen

[

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

good luck...shes so cute

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well, you don;t want any of my luck, it sure didn;t work for me. But I do hope you get her!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Good luck, she is adorable!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Belle is coming home today!

We took Harley in for the introduction. Of course Harley was excited to be where other dogs and kids were, so she was whining and trying to escape!

We went into a room where they do school trips and such. We put Harley down and they brought Belle in. The adoption counselor walked Belle by and there was another lady who took Harley and was walking her around. They let them sniff each other, then we let the leads loose. They didn't even pay attention to each other! They were both well behaved, so I paid for her and Dan will be picking her up tonight!

Karen

[

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

Awwwww I am so happy for you

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Tags
humane society