From the weekend onwards..... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

From the weekend onwards.....

I will be the proud owner of two pooches My p's are moving into their apartment next week and it doesn't allow any pets (which is funny cause we were there last week and we could hear this chirping coming from the next doors apartment when we were in the hallway..we're not dobbing on them! Their nice people) so my mum asked us if we could take Cindy, my childhood dog. Of course we said yes straight away! Cindy is my dog, she came into the family because I was the one that would not let up about having a dog and it killed me to leave her behind when I moved out. I couldn't take her then and my mum was working part time, me full time, so Cindy was happier to stay with them. Things have changed now, both my p's work full time, and I work part time. Cindy is here with me now, for a couple of days, and she absolutely loves coming here, so much so that when I visit my p's Cindy usually tries to get in the car when I'm leaving.
Cindy will be 14 on the 15th of this month. Unfortunately she's only going to have a few months of life left, so I'm very grateful that I get to care for her in her last few months.
And my p's are paying for all her food, vet bills etc. and my mum wants a key to the house so they can drop in and visit her at any time. If we had said no to taking Cindy, my p's wouldn't have moved, she's a part of the family
Anyway just wanted to let you all know! Sorry for babbling on so long.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 04:27 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

aw carmen! i'm so glad you are getting cindy windy!! you'd better post tons of pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

That sounds so awesome, Carmen! It's great you'll get to spend so much time with Cindy in her later years!

Is Biscuit happy to get a new sister? And what about Milko? I'm dying to know!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That's awesome

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2005, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

ok rowan, Biscuit and Cindy have this weird friendship....they like to be in the same room sleeping together (the pair of them just sleep all day long, it's pathetic) but they'll be at opposite ends, they don't cuddle together. Biscuit likes to take Cindy's blanket, put it on top of hers, and sleep on them both, living cindy without anything. Cindy has a crate here now, so we seem to have gotten rid of that problem.

When we had Cindy when we were younger it was a game for us to get her to 'sketch the cat' We'd let he rout in the backyard, meow for her and tell her to sketch the cat. There was never any cat there. She would chase cats on walks, but she never ever ever caught one, she just liked the chase. she lived in harmony with our pet rabbits and our pet galah (yep at one stage we owned a bird, and it was a horrible thing!) with the neighbours cat sitting on the fence. So really she has never hurt another animal, ever.
When I first got Milko, and Biscuit took on the mothering role, Cindy, who is half blind, seen a cat in HER loungeroom, got up and barked her head off at him. Milko froze, like a puffed up ball and was hissing like crazy at her. I picked Milko up and yelled at cindy, and she went and buried her head in the curtain and has never barked at him again. Milko hides from Cindy, but cindy is sooooo over him these days so Milko is getting braver. He has had some bad experiences with her. Biscuit lets Milko stick his head in her bowl and eat with her...Cindy only allows humans to be near her bowl, she oesn't share with other animals. So when Milko wanted what Cindy was having and she showed him her teeth (she could've ripped his head off but she's not that kind of dog) Milko was very confused. I'm positive that as times goes on they'll become friends. We have pics of cindy somewhere, cuddled up asleep, with one of our rabbits!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy