wellness dog food- sharp bones - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Exclamation wellness dog food- sharp bones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6K2BBd518

If any of you feeds wellness dog food brand or cat food even it is known to contain fish bones although it says that it is deboned fish.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I've been feeding Wellness for years, including the whitefish and sweet potato blend, and have NEVER seen anything like that in it.

ETA: I just went and checked the bag I have of white fish and sweet potato and there was nothing remotely like that in any of the food. It looks as it should - kibble.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jade; 02-10-2009 at 02:18 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

some members on my other forum said that they have found bones in theirs as well.

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Adolescent Pup

Huh? Is this guy serious?

His statement on youtube.
Quote:
Wellness V.P. Greg Kean stated that he is "not concerned." He admitted that he gives his dog whole eggs, that's not just the whites and the yolk, but the WHOLE EGG IN THE SHELL!!!
Ok his point is? This makes him sound like a nut job. Why does he care what someone "admitted" to feeding their dog. I admit to feeding my dogs whole eggs. Many raw feeders and even those that feed kibble give whole eggs. There is nothing wrong with feeding egg shell, it is a source of calcium for one.

Anyway he said in the video "when the kibble dissolves that bone becomes a little dagger" um when the kibble dissolves the bones should dissolve and if not they shouldn't harm the dog. Then he worries its going to cut his dogs stomach or intestines? No the bone will either digest or if not it will be eliminated in the stool. Esophagus I could see being a concern but since dogs still eat other bones they must have a tough esophagus preventing harm. I eat them and they don't harm me.

I can understand being upset because it shouldn't be there, its stated that its deboned and they say its rare but then its in there. That isn't quality control. It would tick me off to. I wouldn't however worry my dog is going to get a cut stomach or intestines, that would be silly. I've eaten fish bones (I don't recall it ever hurting my esophagus but its possible one could catch wrong going down). A dog with a stronger stomach acid and typically thicker wall isn't going to have a problem with those "daggers". So frankly I would complain for sure but not worry if I did give it to my dog. If I was so worried I'd also quit buying it and not feed it nurmerous times over.

I also thought it was weird how he said Petco carries it so I assumed it would be safe. Um ok why is that? They just buy food to sell to consumers, it doesn't mean they buy the safest or best products. They can sell foods with toxics, on recall list or with dangers.

Heck here is what some of my dogs have popped out, sorry for the poo pic but most of the poo is dissolved away anyway.

Yeah I'm not going to worry about myself or my dog eating a 1/4th inch fish bone.

Check Them Out

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Rodentologist

I saw this on another forum, and this man posted the video after trying to blackmail wellness with it. He wanted them to give him several thousand dollars for the video and they declined to do so. That makes it pretty fishy to me.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Adolescent Pup

Pretty FISHY....lol Um wow that is pretty low. I'd be upset and complain, try to blackmail them no.

Check Them Out