We're getting a puppy soon... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

We're getting a puppy soon...

We're getting our second doggy sometime this month ^^. We've narrowed it down to a few breeds...Either a papillon, a toy poodle, or another mini-dachshund. If anyone here owns a papillon or a toy poodle I'd love it if you'd share your experiences with the breed ^_^.
Also, I was worried about introducing Rocky to the new puppy...any tips would be greatly appreciated ^_^.
Oh, and Rocky's appointment to get neutered was moved...>_> See, we had a car break down and had to get it fixed. Is it ok for an un-neutured male to meet a puppy? It would only be for a little while.
And while I'm writing this, we got a new neighbor and they have a big dog (I'm guessing an Akita-Rottweiler mix) that barks at EVERYTHING and it's always outside. The problem is, it's getting Rocky excited and when I bring him out to do his buisness he tends to concentrate more on the dog and sometimes he'll end up not going at all...-_-' Which means that later on, he'll sometimes have an accident x.x;. This is really annoying my mom...because the neighbors moved in two weeks ago and he really should be used to them by now...right?

Thanks in advance ^_^.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I don't have too much advice for you, but I do know that Jackie (kittygurl) has two doxies and a papillon. So maybe she can offer some advice.

I love the papillons, they are so cute!

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappledoxie
I don't have too much advice for you, but I do know that Jackie (kittygurl) has two doxies and a papillon. So maybe she can offer some advice.

I love the papillons, they are so cute!
Thanks for replying ^_^. I thought someone had a papillon on here...I just couldn't remember who XD.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

No prob, and if it does all work out right, you'll have to share lots of pics of the puppers! lol

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappledoxie
No prob, and if it does all work out right, you'll have to share lots of pics of the puppers! lol
Don't worry, I will! XD My mum is a photographer and she loves puppies ^_^

~Stephanie

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Next Member of the Booger Clan

Ooh, COOL! Papillons ARE cute You lucky duck! I want another dog but my mom won't let me... *sniffle*

Your mom's a photographer? cool!!! Any chance you can share some pics she's taken? (I'm rather into photography... lol)

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

~Nikki and Sandy~

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

If you get a female puppy just make sure at least one is fixed before the puppy is 6 months old, that's usually about the time a female goes into her first heat and would be at risk of getting pregnant.

Since you have and are getting small dogs, have you thought about paper training them or litter box training? I have a chi and will be adopting her daughter as soon as the pups are weaned (got her from a rescue). The mom, Lady, is paper trained and I plan on continuing that with the puppy since I don't think it's fair for such a tiny dog to suffer through the winters here (Ohio). I'm currently fostering another chi right now and I'm training her on papers too.

I bet Rocky will do just fine meeting a new puppy, but if you're concerned start by letting him check out the pup while the pup is in a carrier and if that goes well, hold the pup on your lap until you feel it's safe to let them really meet face to face without some type of barrier.

Good luck and share lots of pics!!!

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

Tags
litter box, litter box training