Wet Around Eye - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Wet Around Eye

I noticed the night before last that one of Loki's eyes looks all wet and sometimes his fur around his eye is wet. I started washing it twice a day thinking he might have gotten something in it but it doesn't seem to be clearing up. Do you guys think he is getting an infected eye?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 03:05 PM

what kind of dog is he. My dog usually tears, the place I got her from actually said that they are known to "cry" i have a chihuahua, and usually it's fine. I am not sure what you are cleaning it with but you can try just warm water on a cotton ball or tissue. If it doesn't get better and his eye gets cloudy i'd suggest taking him to the vet.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

He's a rottweiler/lab mix. I've just been washing it with a cloth and warm water but I saw tonight his inner eye lid is red and he is really scratching at it a lot so he'll be going to the vet tomorrow. poor guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 04:50 PM

I would take him to the vet. He could have scratched his eye somehow or something like that.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Poor Loki! I'll be sending get wel vibes his way!

Let us know what the vet says!

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 09:36 PM

aww I hope he feels better and it isn't too bad, whatever it is...he may have just gotten something in it. Good luck.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Loki was to the vet this morning. They think he might have a slight eye infection going on and gave me some that eye goop. I remember giving our cats that stuff when they had eye infections.

I just feel so bad for him. The vet really pulled the skin around his eyes to see down inside around the eye better and his whole eye is a bit red! Thankfully no scratches though so no damage to the eye.

I just want my boy to feel better (Not that he seems very phased by it except scratching it, he still plays and eats and drinks and gets all goofy excited) but still
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 08:12 AM

Thats good news! Im glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 AM

I'm glad to hear that it was nothing to serious. Good wishes to a good recovery!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! He's still got today and tomorrow to take the eye goop and then we will see how his eye is looking. He is not scratching it anymore though it still looks pretty red.

Tags
lab mix