What breed is he? (image attached) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

What breed is he? (image attached)

Here's the puppy I was talking about that is about 4-6..i was told its closer to 8weeks old(2months).
I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow.. again, thanks for your advice..for those that provided me with the information. thanks

Anyways..I was just wondering..what kind of a dog you all think this one is? i know he's really young still..but any ideas?
Check out his eyes... its so cool, Blue Eyes! He's a handsome lil fella.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He is adorable! I have no idea what breed.....maybe a Husky mix?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

I dont have any idea what breed he is...but he is beautiful!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Alika

I think he looks like a Jack Russel Terrier, but it's hard to tell. With those short ears and barrel snout, I'd say terrier of some sort... He is cute, though

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Part of the Pack

He is soooooo cute. How tiny he is? It is funny, when looking at your dogs now, and then seeing one like this one, it makes you forget that they all are that size.

His eyes remind me of a Husky, they have those beautiful baby blue eyes. He might be a mix, but I have no other idea what the other dog breed he would be.

But what a cutie!!!!! Best of Luck with him!

Let us know what the vet says.

"She is your friend, your partner, your defender, and your dog. You are her life, her love, and her leader.
She will be faithful and true, to the last beat of her little heart.
You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Rogers Caras.

"Somedays you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant."- Unknown.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alika
I think he looks like a Jack Russel Terrier, but it's hard to tell. With those short ears and barrel snout, I'd say terrier of some sort... He is cute, though
I agree there as thats what he looks like at the size he is and the shape of his face etc but the blue eyes would be strange for the breed unless its because he is still young!? He could be some sort of mixed breed such as a huskey cross though as that would explain the blue eyes! Do you know how big the parents were and what kind of breed they was as that could be some clue?

Buts he's the cutest little thing ever whatever breed or mix he is and i hope he brings you lots of happiness

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Alika

Most dogs and all cats have blue eyes as babies, right? Maybe he just hasn't grown out of it yet.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

He is just sooooo cute!!!! I'm sure we'll have better guesses as he grows!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Stinky Liverbrain

I think cats have blue eyes as babies, but not dogs... At least, Odie didn't and I have him since he was 1 week old (and had his eyes closed). Hmmm.. I agree with the terrier thing... there are also some sheppards that have blue eyes.. I think australian sheppards.. or australian something.. can't remember well..

Either way... he's just a cute! very very pretty!

Dimaris

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Our entire litter of puppies 2 year ago had blue eyes at that age...of course, they all turned brown
I think he's still way too young to really tell what breed he is. Any idea on the parents?

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
Alika

Quote:
I think cats have blue eyes as babies, but not dogs
Huh, maybe you're right. I know we humans all have blue eyes when we're first born, too, so I guess I thought it was the same for dogs (pigment doesn't come until later)

He could just have weird genes. He just doesn't seem big enough to be any of the medium to larger breeds that commonly have blue eyes. Even our sheltie pups are bigger than that at 2 months... he's just so tiny...

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Mandie just clarified that her litter of AMPT all had blue eyes when born and then changed to brown.. hehe.. so it's possible..

Well.. I have a dog, Charlotte, that ifyou look at her, phisically she looks like a lab/greyhound mix. But she actually weights around 25 lbs. Way too small for either breed...

here is a pic of her, so you see for yourself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...harlotte19.jpg

On the other hand, Odie looks exactly like a chihuahua... only he's 18 lbs!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../OdieElvis.jpg

Dimaris

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Alika

Quote:
Well.. I have a dog, Charlotte, that ifyou look at her, phisically she looks like a lab/greyhound mix. But she actually weights around 25 lbs. Way too small for either breed...
Awww! She's pretty!

I've been going on the assumption that the puppy is a purebred, or close to it. Definitely if it's a mutt or a cross breed, it might grow up to look like something else. I still stand by the terrier thing, though. Something about that face and those ears...

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 12:49 PM
I Just Need One!

He's adooooorable. Look at those little ears!

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alika
Awww! She's pretty!

I've been going on the assumption that the puppy is a purebred, or close to it. Definitely if it's a mutt or a cross breed, it might grow up to look like something else. I still stand by the terrier thing, though. Something about that face and those ears...
I have to completely agree...definetly terrier in him although what breed, is beyond me at this point.
Definetly terrier in there though with the shape of the head and the ears...

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at

Tags
husky mix, jack russel terrier, mixed breed