What breed/s of dog do you have? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

When I was growing up we always had Collies. (& a couple shelties)
My most recent dog was a black lab... she was our favorite.

When I am able to get a dog again I will get a Black Lab for the hubby & a Pomeranian for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 05:21 PM
CCinAL

We have a German shepherd (HS rescue), a beagle/basset mix (stray) and a chihuahua.

post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 10:53 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

Talking

Quote:
What do you have? What breeds have you owned? What's the largest number of dogs you have owned at one time? What breed would you like to have someday?
Oh yay! :c)

I have two Rottweilers right now, Greta and Audrey.

I have owned a Basset Hound, a German Shepherd, and GSD/Lab mix, uhm... and others but I can't remember them all because half of them I was too little to remember.

Two is the largest number of dogs I've ever owned.

I would like to have a Great Dane and Lab someday when I'm married.

-Mallory

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Right now I have two wonderful Boxers. Harlie is a 7month female and weighs about 43 lbs right now. Max is a 3 1/2 month old male and he weighs about 33lbs right now...he is gonna be big!! They are both wonderful pets, and I truly think I will have a boxer for the rest of my life.

Sad to say, but I have had tons of different breeds of dog in my life, mainly because my parents viewed pets as disposable...when I lived at home we had a german shepard named Ilsa, a basset named Hazel, a gsd/lab mix named Bean, a pekingese named Walter, a couple cocker spaniels one named Muffy...I dont remember the other ones name, an irish setter...I was too small to know his name, a mixed dog named Bingo, a shih tzu named Tilly, a chow named Higgins....the list goes on and on...its so sad. But oh well...I am out and on my own now, and will have my dogs until they pass.

Oh and two dogs is the most I have owned at the same time, they are the ones I have now

And lastly...like Mal, some day I would like to have a Great Dane along with my boxers...and maybe and Australian Shepard, I think they are so beautiful!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:21 PM

My first dog was a Border Collie mix named Bozo. He has long been past and then I have had several cats in my childhood. Then there was Sadie a beagle mix. Before the Boxers I tended to my boyfriends Australian Cattle Dog. My brother has a samoyed and my other brother has labs now and am. eskimo`s before them that have long passed. We were big on pets when we were little. Now i have 9 Boxers, two of which are rescue dogs. And Tinker, my cat. I have had as many as 13 Boxers on the property at one time but with rescue efforts that is a many as I could handle comfortably.

Dogs that I would like to have in the future? I have interests in Aust. Cattle dog, samoyed, Siberian Husky, bluetick coonhound but that wont be until WAY down the road.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:36 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Hey Melissa, mom sometimes go on this and looks around so be nice! lol

Oh yeah but I agree...

and Blue Tick Coonhounds are pretty!!!

Melissa, last night I watched Homeward Bound II-lost in San Fransisco, and there is that one really beautifle brindle in it. Do you remember??? It made me think of you.

-Mallory

post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Well its true.

Last edited by jmb9101; 09-12-2003 at 02:03 PM.
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 02:48 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

I know it is.

post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:47 PM
axl

My dogs

I have a Vizsla and a Chihuahua.

I will eventually have a Catahoula, and maybe a Boxer.
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 09:49 PM
axl

I forgot to do the rest - I've had a poodle/cocker (just a guess) and a Min Pin, as well as a Yorkie.

As for the most Ive ever had, if fosters count, I had 10 Basset Hounds plus my Vizsla and Yorkie.

My Yorkie died this year, and I recently lost my Min Pin also.
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 07:26 AM

Oh, I like those Vizsla dogs, don't see too many around.
I have 2 golden retrievers(guess you know that).
I've had- mini dachund, english cocker(who stayed at my parents when I left- she liked my Dad better than me . That's it because I wasn't aloud a dog growing up- my Mom is a very fussy non- dog person. I had gotten the English cocker(4 yrs. old) when I was 19 yrs. old. I guess they felt sorry for me (finally) but she ended up loving my Dad! That's why I just get males now, they are always devoted to me. Total I had had 1 time was 3-- and pretty soon it will be 3 again, full house.
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 07:29 AM

Dunkin (the kitty) says he's part of the pack too! I swear that cat thinks he's a Golden retriever,lol.
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 05:25 PM

Right now I have an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler), "Dusty". and a chocolate red nose pit bull, "Tyson".

In the past, I have owned an Australian Shepherd, collie mix, and a Pointer mix. My parents now have the collie mix....her name is "Shelby". Unfortunately the Aussi and Pointer X are no longer with us The pointer mix had to be given up, and the new owners let him get hit by a car....I was soooo angry! And my sweet little Aussi "Sydney" was shot by a mean old man next door where I use to live. She was a herding dog, and she always got over the fence and tried to herd his horses, so one day he shot her....she was only 2 years old! I still have it in for that man!!

I would love to own a French Bulldog one day....they are the neatest little dogs! We have a client at work that breeds them, and I love em even more every time she comes in with one!

Right now though, my 2 are all I want....they would just be devistated if another dog came into the family and took any attention away from them! They are sooooo spoiled!!!
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 06:03 PM
Miss New Booty

2 dachshunds name Kahlua and Penny, and a papillon named Jasmine. Kahlua is my first dog ever! I have always loved dachshunds and saw a papillon on a Zyrtec commercial and had to get one.

~* Jackie *~

post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-22-2003, 09:58 AM

What do you have? What breeds have you owned? What's the largest number of dogs you have owned at one time? What breed would you like to have someday?

I currently have a 9 mth old Fawn Boxer named Sasha

the largest number I personally have owned is sasha, shes MY first dog but we have had 2 dogs at once growing up, a poodle and a great Dane

over the years I plan on owning more Boxers
Dobermans
Cane Corso Mastiff

hunny wants a yellow lab or a german shepard but he LOVES Cane Coro's

Tags
animal shelter, australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, basset hound, black lab, border collie, border collie mix, boston terrier, bull terrier, bull terriers, cattle dog, chow mix, cocker spaniel, collie mix, dog training, family dog, german shepard, german shepherd, golden retriever, humane society, husky mix, jack russell, jack russell terrier, lab mix, lap dog, lhasa apso, local animal shelter, local humane society, pit bull, pit bull mix, puppy mill, shih tzu, siberian husky, terrier mix, toy fox terrier, wonderful pets, yellow lab