What breed/s of dog do you have? - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:58 PM

I have a chihuahua mutt named Josephine. I think she may be mixed with minature pincher but I am not sure.
I used to have a lab.
I want to one day adopt a greyhound, but I ma going to have to wait a long while because my chihuahua right now likes to be the only dog and gets really jealous around other dogs.
I've never had more than one dog at a time. Being a college student only leaves you so much time in the day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:17 PM

We have a Boxer and a Border collie x. In the past i have had Yorkies but we had to find homes for them as they bit the kids, i've had a Pekignese, Westie and 2 Dobermans and the female had 11 pups in one litter.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I have a Golden Retriever named Jack and a Brittany named Max.
Jack is turning 7 in October and Max is my baby, he's just 6 months old. I love them both so much. They are the weenies in my avatar picture

I had a miniature Poodle as a kid. My parents knew nothing about dog training and this dog had issues It's really not funny, but holy cow... it used to make us laugh back then.... I've come a very long way!
I've always loved Collies so much and when I was finally out on my own I got my first Collie. I learned tons about unscrupulous backyard breeders I also started learning how to train dogs. My Collies were the perfect dogs to learn with! I still miss them.
Someday I'll tell the story and happy and sad adventures with my Collies.
I had a Terrier Mix for a while when my youngest was a baby- she had an aggression problem and at the first indication that she had dominance/aggression/biting issues I had to get rid of her I was in no position at the time with 3 kids all under age 5 to take any chances or take the time to try and modify her behavior.
Someday I would love to have a small cuddly fuzzy warm companion pup...

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 10:19 PM

I'm owned by two shelties. They're both sable males. Kai (1 yr old) is the darker sable. Kai's from a breeder, Kaedyn's a rescue. Kai was my first dog so I guess my first breed was the sheltie. Someday, I'd like to own a border collie, afghan, pitbull, white gsd, collie and of course, more shelties. I'd like an afghan because they're known to be "independant" and seeing as how I'd like to be a professional dog trainer, I think I'd be up for the challenge. I'd love for all of my dogs to be rescues...well, maybe except one. I'd like to show one of my shelties one day.
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Deja
...when my youngest was a baby- she had an aggression problem and at the first indication that she had dominance/aggression/biting issues I had to get rid of her
I should clear this up I had to get rid of the dog, not the child

ok- sorry for that bit of silliness - I'm just feeling, well... silly tonight

please resume regular scheduled programming

[center]

[
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 05:52 AM

My first dog was a golden retreiver mix named Escher, after M.C. Escher
Right now we just have Loiosh who is 3/4 gray wolf and 1/4 malamute. He will be 13 in November. We've had his dad for 6 months while his owners were relocating, and we took in a friend's wolf hybrid when the gentleman moved and couldn't have her with him anymore but she died last spring.
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 12:49 PM

Mickey is my first dog and a Sheltie.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 01:29 PM

I have a retired racing greyhound, Ritz, who is five years old. We adopted him in March 2002.

Here's his sweet face:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sweet little face.jpg (20.2 KB, 17 views)
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 09:37 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Greyhounds are SO neat! I've never had any, but I know three personally, Eddie and Polly, who are now pretty up in age. I babysat for their owner. And then Hoss, he's such an awesome greyhound... He lives next door, but unfortunately I don't get to see him much anymore as we have a privacy fence up now...

Tags
animal shelter, australian cattle dog, australian shepherd, basset hound, black lab, border collie, border collie mix, boston terrier, bull terrier, bull terriers, cattle dog, chow mix, cocker spaniel, collie mix, dog training, family dog, german shepard, german shepherd, golden retriever, humane society, husky mix, jack russell, jack russell terrier, lab mix, lap dog, lhasa apso, local animal shelter, local humane society, pit bull, pit bull mix, puppy mill, shih tzu, siberian husky, terrier mix, toy fox terrier, wonderful pets, yellow lab