What do they dream about? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

What do they dream about?

The other day Lady was sleeping deeply on the couch and I noticed she began barking, softly at first but it quickly progressed and got deeper, and all the muscles in her body were twitching in a motion like she was running and even her ears were twitching around, she seemed upset judging by how her barking progressed. Now, this girl has not even barked or made a peep while she's awake, so what on earth could she have been dreaming about that would prompt her to be so vocal? I called her name softly and came out of her dream relatively easily. She does have a cute little bark though! lol

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Miss New Booty

Awwwwww! Yes, I have heard that dogs dream about running, too!!!! All my dogs and cats twitch a little, too, I think when they are in a deep sleep!!! My one dachshund,Penny did what Lady did, she was barking before in her sleep!!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 10:51 AM

My cocker spaniel Abby does it quite often, my older dachshund Peanut does it every now and then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 11:05 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

I think they dream about the highlights of their days... Like, going on walks and barking/chasing bunnies and or squirrels. Or playing with other dogs.

All dogs I've ever known have done this, but my cat never has.

What is HILARIOUS is that my HUSBAND does it TOO!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I twitch when I'm going to sleep too!! I don't bark though!! Biscuit will do the running motions in her sleep but they stop pretty quickly (she's a lazy dog!) and will spend her time mimicking the noises she makes when she wants to get out of somewhere so I swear that she is dreaming up new ways to escape the yard etc!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I think they dream about big bones trying to run away from them...at least that's what I think Kali and Orion dream about...
I used to have a chow that would get so involved in her dreams, she would bolt up and start running and barking out of a dead sleep it would take her a few seconds to realize it was only a dream, but boy was THAT entertaining!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

hahaha i was going to make a topic about this sometime. Hollys feet are always moving when shes asleep. Its the cutest thing. haha

Reminds me that my bf told me i was laughing in my sleep a few weeks ago.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:12 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

penny does this a lot. she will start to bark in her sleep which wakes chaquita up, who then starts barking. so then penny starts barking cause chaquita is and penny never knows that SHE started it! hahahaha!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 09:34 AM

My one dog does a lot of talking in her sleep. She barks quite loudly and wakes the other one up and looks at her like "what the heck are you doing" I think mine are dreaming of FOOD! And the deer and chipmunks and the big ole fat groundhog (their nemisis!)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 11:38 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I've often wondered this too...... Bach was a very animated sleeper/dreamer. Tito & Snoop are like dead rocks....but Manto does a lot of twitching/moving/growling just like Bach.

Sure wish I could get in his brain and see what he's dreaming!

~ Jodi ~

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

The funniest thing I have ever seen during sleep time was when all three of my dogs had crashed out together on the living room floor while we were watching a movie.

Suddenly one began to dream (chasing squirrels no doubt) and his legs began to "run"... Well one of his "running legs" scratched the belly of the second dog which caused her leg to begin "going" (you know what I mean lol) and that leg began scratching the side of the belly of the third dog and got his leg "going" which...I kid you not...began scratching the belly of the first dog.

This result in all three dogs scratching each other in "just the right spot" that kept their legs going .... The entire family about died laughing... it was the most hilarious thing and none of them could "stop" because each of them were hitting "just the right spot" of the other. Unfortunately when I attempted to sneak away to snag the video camera I failed and that ended the ended the episode with each of them looking up at me like "Whatcha starring at lady?"

I've yet to get them in the same position again lol

- Deb

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 12:40 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Some of these stories are hilarious... I've never noticed Pixie 'dreaming' but Dozer does. He twitches, his feet move and he makes weird noises. It's funny
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 08:09 PM
I Just Need One!

Awww! Mickey has never gotten into a whole barking thing, but he has growled and twitched a few times. Especially his feet. I find it so friggin adorable!

On those mornings when Mick seems especially happy to see us, I assume that he's maybe had a bad dream about one of us. But I really wish I knew what he dreamt about...

Liana, Mickey, Sky & Rocket

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Playful Pup

Dylan did it too. Sometimes he would yipe like he was scared of something, othertimes he would just bark and twitch.
Once he was howling in his sleep!
Was funny to see. He would wake up and look around all confused
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

These stories are so funny, thanks for sharing!!

~Chalupa, Lady, Moxie, Paiseley & Boozer~

Tags
cocker spaniel, older dog