What do you consider to be a "good dog food"? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I have personally liked the Royal Canin line. Either Sensible Choice or the actual Royal Canin food. I wish I could have kept Harley on that, but she developed an allergy, whether it was to the chicken, I'll never know. We switched her to Nature's Recipe Fish and Potato food.

I have my cats on Royal Canin though. They absolutely love the food!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Thanks for posting that info Candace.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Great information Candycane...that was a great read I thought...and even taught me something...I never knew exactly what by-products were...now that I know...I wish I didnt...lol. Pressure cooked feathers?!?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:19 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Glad I could help.
Quote:
I never knew exactly what by-products were...now that I know...I wish I didnt
Yes, it is quite disgusting when you start looking at what's in some pet foods.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Miss New Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane
Yes, it is quite disgusting when you start looking at what's in some pet foods.
Very disgusting.

~* Jackie *~

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:26 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I used to feed Wellness to my two dogs, and then I switched over to Timberwolf Organics... the food speaks for itself...

http://www.timberwolforganics.com
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:47 AM
New Title? MEMBER.

pitbulliest, that food looks great. Thanks for sharing the link.

Candice

post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I use Nutros Natural Chicken & rice dry for sensitive stomachs because my 1 golden bloated in the summer and his stomach is more sensitive now, and my other Golden has problems with stomach juices coming up, like heart burn i think. I also use a little can and that has to be California Natural Lamb and rice- best can food ever I tried.That keeps everyone settled and happy, my Lab could probably eat rocks and it won't bother him, LOL. Chicken soup I used awhile back, I think it;s a great food but I have to drive too far to get it and no one will stock it around here- I asked.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 11:40 PM

No problem candycane...its a bit difficult to find in Canada (at least where I live), but I'm sure its more plentiful in the states..the only other downside is that its quite expensive but if you ask me, I think its definately worth it for the dog's health in the long run.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 11:58 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

It seems to be really abundant on the West Coast (BC) but I can't find a dealer in AB. I am going to ask at the pet store that I go to and see if they've heard of it and if they can special order.

Expensive? It's not too bad. We were paying about the same for Canidae. I agree, price is no object when it comes to your pet's health.

Candice

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

My dog hatd Canidae, he would rather not eat anything than eat that. And he did... silly dog!
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

My dog loved Canidae but my male cat, Max, only ate the Felidae for a couple months.

Candice

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

she finished the whole bag of Solid Gold already, all by herself... thats pretty good being the fact that when i was feeding her the purina, her bowl would still have food in it (not a lot, but some) after a day and a half or so but she was picking up food, drop it on the floor and just eat the new food, wouldnt touch the old food....so now i gotta go out and buy her a bigger bag.. she seems happy though on it.. Tatyana still doesnt like it... she picked thru it just so she could eat the purina..i think we'll stick to this stuff now, dont wanna change it again
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

SO Natalya loves the Solid Gold, Tatyana doesnt... well, Solid Gold just went thru a 20% price increase this month... wonderful... so i buy Canidae and see if she'll eat that... she hates it and Tatyana, of course, absolutely LOVES it Natalya wont even go near it.. shed rather be hungry than eat it.... so now, i think im gonna have to spend the $43 for her food and then buy the $33 dog food for Tatyana.. why cant they just llike the same thing? dont get me wrong, i love my dogs and i want the best for them, but that is A LOT of money to spend on their food when I dont spend that much on ME grrrrrr....
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You might still try another type or try mixing the Canidae with some chicken baby food with it for a few days and see if that'll tempt Natalya to try the Canidae. They're often motivated by smell and if it smells strange, they won't even try it.

Hope you get it worked out! Keep at it, don't give up.

Stephanie

Tags
ascorbic acid, bull terrier, calcium pantothenate, chicken meal, chicken soup, choline chloride, dick van patten, dog food, dried beet pulp, folic acid, golden retriever, male cat, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, nutro natural choice, pet food, pet foods, pet store, pet stores, puppy food, pyridoxine hydrochloride, quality dog food, royal canin, thiamine mononitrate, vet visit, vet visits, yucca schidigera extract