What I did last night.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Smile What I did last night....

I've got to tell you what I did last night......

A little background first....we live in the country and our house is surrounded by woods. We don't have many neighbors - about 6 houses spread out on the 2 mile road.

Ok, I was going to use the leaf blower to blow off the driveway, sidewalk, etc...so I opened the garage & got the blower out - but I couldn't get the darn thing started because it's so hard to pull. So after a few minutes I swore and then gave up. I put it back in the garage and closed and locked up the garage.

I went and got Toby and we went for a walk & had our little flying session in the field. I came back and started Toby's dinner and thought "where's Tito?" Hmmm, I go out back, call for him......No answer. I keep calling...still he's not coming. I think "That little ****!" I give him about 15 more minutes....he still hasn't come back. Now I'm starting to get nervous because it's starting to get dark out. Tito doesn't leave the yard! He's afraid of his own shadow...he's scared of other dogs, scared of people, scared of life in general (poor little guy!!) I go to the front yard & can't find him. I walked over to my neighbor (calling him the whole time) & asked her if she has seen Tito. No, she hasn't but she wants to come help me look. So, we get in to her car and spend the next HOUR driving up & down our road calling for Tito. We took Kenny's big spotlight to help because by now it's dark and there's no streetlights on our road. I'm seriously FREAKED OUT & CRYING. She's trying to comfort me but all I could imagine was a raccoon walking with Tito in it's mouth. He's so tiny - he wouldn't be able to defend himself and there are a lot of animals in our woods!

After an hour we decide to go back to my house and see if he's come back. I'm in the house and I hear her yell "I can hear him!!" We start walking around the house calling him. We could hear him crying and screaming but we couldn't find him. I'm almost hysterical thinking he is trapped somewhere in the woods around the house.

THEN it dawns on me....He followed me in to the garage....OMG, we run to the garage and open the door....Out comes Tito, running, shaking & screaming (not barking, screaming). I hold him crying until my tears turn to laughter after I realize what a dumb*** I look like. I spend an hour looking for Tito and hear he's right there in the garage! DUH! He must have come in the garage when I got the leaf blower but didn't make it out before I closed the door.

We laughed for a long time but I felt so stupid! My neighbor was really nice about it but I felt bad that she spent an hour looking for Tito with me. But thank god nothing happened to Tito (boy was my imagination in overdrive!!) So anyway, I just had to share my evening with y'all!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

My goodness, I would have been hysterical too! At least all was well in the end, and Tito was just a little upset at you for shutting that door instead of being hurt or something... Glad you found your baby before you had a nervous breakdown! I know what its like haha!

~Melissa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww Jodi! I'm just so glad he was there the whole time, and not out lost in the woods somewhere! Poor Tito!!! I'm so glad he's ok.

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

ohhhh J

[center]

[
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 01:48 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Oh man. I would've been the same way. I can't even imagine what I would do if one of my babies got lost.....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

omg I screwed up that post and somehow hit enter right at the beginning - ok - do-over....

Ohhh Jodi!! OMG!! I knew where you would find him as soon as I read the leaf blower part! (I did it to one of my cats once!)

Poor Tito!! I can imagine him in there while you were frantically searching... "Mom!! I'm in here!!!"

I would have been frantic and imagining the worst too. I'm glad you had your neighbor with you.

Ohhh! Tito Burrito!! I'm so glad you are safe buddy!

I'm picturing the reunion... you were both probably soooo relieved! I know that cry! Max does it too! It's incredible... total besidehimself crying and sobbing complete with the stuttered in breath - like a kid crying and trying to catch his breath between sobs!

I'm so glad he turned up just fine. I know who got lots of extra last night!

<--- for Tito <--- for Jodi

ya goof!!

[center]

[
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 05:45 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Sorry, I'm just trying to picture a raccoon with a chihuahua in it's mouth ....

Poor little dude !

Sharon
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 05:55 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

awww....I am soo glad that he was in the garage instead of lost in the woods!! I am soo glad you found him and everything is OK!!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Whew! I'm glad you found him safe and sound in the garage. Poor little guy probably thought the leaf blower was going to attack him at any second.

Rhonda

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarlette
Poor little guy probably thought the leaf blower was going to attack him at any second.
Actually Scarlette, that's probably EXACTLY what Tito was thinking!!! LOL (he has lots & lots of issues....he needs a doggie shrink)

~ Jodi ~

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonM
Jod... I don't know what to say! Poor Tito, having to listen to momma call for him when he was right under her nose. I bet you any amount of money he thought it was a game at first. I could just see it now *Jodi yelling for Tito & Tito in the garage covering his mouth as to not make a sound for mommy to hear while thinking I'm in here ya big dummy*

It's terrible you had to go through that! I would have freaked out too!! (There have been a few times I couldn't find one of my ferrets all to find they were under the couch the whole time, even though I LOOKED UNDER THE COUCH!)

At least everything turned out ok!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 09:46 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonM

Poor little dude !
*laughs out her nose and shoots snot, thank you*

Glad he is okay! You made me laugh at the end!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I am so glad he is okay! I can imagine how scared you were!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Playful Pup

Oh, poor doggie and you!
My little dog leads my big dog[he never leaves the yard] out down the road to a cow field. He only leaves if he is following his little sister.
Btw, I know in some places it's illegal to blow leaves into the road, even on the side at the curb. We found this out when a neighbor was blowing leaves in a huge pile onto the curb and a car drove by and skidded on them and crashed. The cop told them it's illegal and they had to move the leaves. Not sure if they got a ticket or what though.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well thankfully he wasnt hurt!!!
I wouldnt feel stupid if i were you!! It can happen to anyonw who loves their animals!!