What kind of dog/s do ya'll have? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Catma63

Now now, I thought I WAS bragging on Miss Binks and what a joy she is to me. If I brag on her too much more, especially around the humans I live with, I'm probably gonna get tsked. haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Princess in Waiting

On a positive note from my critters, Wallis has been working for some time on a children's book about her life with us (with a little help from Mom). She needs to work a lot more on it before she forgets some of the stuff she wants to put in - like the first time Zoe saw her (after Zoe had started walking) and she (Z) screamed her head off like in ET when this one-eyed dog came running up to her.......

Critter

But of all my pets the birds are the most entertaining.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

At this time I do not have a dog.The best dog we ever had was a boxer.Her name was Barry's Boxing Cassie.Mainly because when she plyed she looked like she was boxing.She was a very beautiful dog and very good with kids and my pets.When she died I buried her in my backyard and have a fence around with a beautiful minatire rose bush my daughter gave me one year for mother's day on her grave.my son has a yellow lab and his wife got the kids a heinze 57 from the pound that was going to be put to sleep.If I ever get another it will be a female boxer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:10 AM
Princess in Waiting

Boxers are really great dog - I think because most people don't know how great they are and the good temperment hasn't been bred out of them!

At work one day some people brought in a 12-week-old puppy for shots, etc. It looked like a basic brown dog, on the biggish side, but no outstanding characteristics. I was filling out the paperwork for them (new clients) and when it came to "breed of dog" I asked them what kind of dog he was.

"He's a boxer," the woman replied proudly. "When do you think his nose will start to pug?"

I bit my lip to keep from laughing then told her that the dr could answer that question much better than I could. That dog might have had a bit of boxer in him, but his face wasn't a boxers!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 10:51 AM
mrswolfsong

Well what doggies do I have in my closet. LoL
I am owned by Captain Drools Aka Cappy, a shihtzu / peke mix whos tongue hangs out to the side and walks to the side instead of a straight line. He had a lil accident at a young age so he looks like an old man but is just a pup of 2 years. He doesn't let the other 2 get in his spots around me unless I call them.
The next doggy I live with came from a client that didn't want her anymore since she would have kitty balls for dinner, if you know what I mean. LoL Mia is a 9 year old Italian Greyhound that is mixed up as to what sex she thinks she is. Heaven forbid I forget to cover up my pillows in the morning. But she loves my daughter and has finally given up eating kitty balls for dinner. And last but not least, there's Buster. Buster is a 2 year old shihtzu that is Mr. Submissive. He's submissive to the kitties he resides with along with the dogs and rats and ferrets. The only one he's not to afraid of is my sons rabbit that he sleeps with at night. Well he doesn't actually curl up with the bunny but they are in my son's room at night. I will sometime soon be adding an Alaskan Malamute to the pack for my hubby. So if anyone knows of any good breeders let me know.

post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 07:32 PM
Princess in Waiting

I definately understand about the "cat treats" that your dogs eat. I had learned somewhere that if you put MSG on the cat food it would make those "treats" undesirable (?) to the dog. Instead my cats just stopped eating - which I guess would stop the problem in another way!

My shih tzu is 8 months old and has quickly become the alpha dog at our house. The cavaliers both avoid her as much as possible. They stay in a wire crate when I'm gone and that is the only place Sasha respects them. She's afraid to go in there. But she's my watch dog and patrols the bed every night, letting me know when one of the Cavaliers comes into the room, when the cat is at the door, when the wind blows, when the TV wakes her up. . . . . and real PITA (Pain In The A**) sometimes. But then she snuggles up close to me, or sleeps on my stomach and I have to forgive her!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

Tags
australian cattle dog, black lab, boston terrier, bull terrier, cat food, cattle dog, cavalier king charles, cavalier king charles spaniel, cavalier king charles spaniels, cocker spaniel, dog owners, ear infection, english springer spaniel, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, king charles spaniel, lhasa apso, pit bull, pit bull terrier, pit bulls, shih tzu, siberian husky, terrier mix, toy fox terrier, yellow lab