What pouting to your husband brings! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Lightbulb What pouting to your husband brings!

You all must know how much I adore dogs, the big breeds especially. Ben and I have been scoping the HS lately for a puppy. We know we can't get one just yet but we're definately sure we will sometime in the near future. We both agree on Great Danes, German Shepherds, and Yellow Labradors. I favor the Great Dane a little more than the GSD, vice versa for Ben.

The past two days we've trekked out and about looking at dogs at the HS and petstore. (We won't get one from the Pet Store, we were just going to play with them.)

Both times at the HS there were no puppies, which is a good thing... But sorta disappointing. (I reallly wanted to play with them!) I suggested we go and visit some of the puppies in the newspaper. (Again not to get them, just to satisfy me for the time being with some fresh puppy breath...LOL.) Ben said no because then he'll be too tempted to want to hand over some cash because if he plays with one and gets attached.... And he just gave me this pathetic, truely sorry for saying no, half grin.

He went driving on and pulled into Magic Wok for some food, ... and he finally looked over at me. Me... who was currently in a full-blown puppy dog pout.... Curled lip an' all.

His response?

Well here's where I tell you that he put his arm around me and said that he hates to see me sad, that he knows how much I want a dog of our own, and that right after we eat something, we'll go find me a dog. And that right now, as I type, my puppy (Great Dane) named Deogee is sleeping sounding in my lap.

Yeah RIIIIIGHT.

Like that's what happened.
Try this response instead:

BAH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 01:26 PM

Awwww and I was all ready to tell you to get us some pictures.... Boys can suck sometimes huh? My fiance is the SAME way.... Pouting doesn't get me anywhere
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
PT's Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure14K
Awwww and I was all ready to tell you to get us some pictures.... Boys can suck sometimes huh? My fiance is the SAME way.... Pouting doesn't get me anywhere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 01:37 PM

awwww I'm sorry. Men do stink sometimes.

Someday though you'll get your puppy. Can't wait to see a ton of pics when it happens too.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 02:07 PM

Awww....! I was looking forward to seeing Great Dane puppy pics with huge feet and lots of extra skin to grow into! Not fair! Pouting doesn't get me anywhere except when it comes to chinnies...LOL! He likes the chins, but isn't "into" them like I am, but he knows how addicted to them I am and I think he's just glad that I refuse to buy the ones in pet stores. I think he rationalizes it like this...if I get one from a breeder, eventually it might pay for itself when kits are sold...he refuses to think about food, hay, caging, toys, dust and all the other things that go with owning a chin, because then he might have to say no. LOL! Of course then I would have to throw in that he SAID I could have 500 chins if I let him keep that motorcycle he bought without discussing it with me...! He can't really say much after that! LOL! I'm a LONG way from 500 chins! It's a joke I like to take seriously! (when I can get away with it)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

You had me going! I was happy for ya and then.......no puppy!

I'm having puppy cravings really bad today. Yikes! That sounded like I want to eat a puppy. I don't....I want to have a puppy to cuddle and play with. I just spent the last 2 hours online looking at different breeds, even finding breeders that are somewhat close to me. Heck, I was even daydreaming of going to Kentucky or Pennsylvania 'cause I found a few puppies that I wanted. *sigh*

Good luck! I hope you are able to get a puppy soon!

Rhonda

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 03:29 PM

Aweee shucks, you had me going.... I love Great Danes as well, they are my next favorite breed to Rotties, and of a course a good ole' fashion mutt (mix-breed). We are big dog people as well. Well when it's time you both will know and I hope you find the right one for you both
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 11:30 PM

Geez, I fell for it too!

I'm sure he'll come around some day
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

aww Mallory I was getting soooo excited for you!!!! you know pouting does work for me!lol Alex really didn't want to drive three hours to look at Biscuit when we first got her soI pouted and I was all like 'well my dad loves me so he'll come with me and help me read the map' and he looked at me and said 'fine I'll come with you but you better love me for it' Pouting is how I got Rodger, Shadow, Molly (especially Molly! I had serious pouting to do!) and my mice!! If you like I can give out free pouting lessons!!lol

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Miss New Booty

Ooooo Mal! I was looking for puppy pictures, too!! Don't worry hun, I'm sure you guys will get a doggie soon!!! I know how much you want to get a great dane! Keep us posted, girl!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 12:12 PM

Tell him you want a baby!!! (works with my hubby!!) Just kidding (sort of) Last year before we got Jersey, I was having bad seasonal depression (it was about -25 C here) and I started talking like I wanted a baby (don't know why as we're not planning human babies) and when we heard about these puppies looking for homes, hubby said yes IMMEDIATELY! I had never had a puppy before, and after a week or so of no sleep, baby talk was OVER!! So, in the end we both won...I got a puppy and he didn't get a baby!! In the end of last summer, I had worn him down for puppy #3, then I got a really bad stomach infection, and six mths later, I can actually function again! First thought in my head !?! Great! I finally feel better, we can get another puppy soon! (Poor, poor hubby didn't know he was signing up for a full blown zoo!)

Tags
german shepherd, german shepherds, pet store, pet stores, yellow lab