What a scare! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

What a scare!

This morning Hogan got off the leash - he is super strong for a beagle.He has like rottweiler strength! I call him a rottie in a beagle body.Anyway he took off.I panicked of course and could not go after him right away,because my daughter was with me and we were waiting for the bus to pick her up for daycare.So I panicked and emailed a bunch of the other Beagle Paws people.

Well Chloe went off to daycare and I was getting ready to go look for Hogan.I was just opening the door,when Hogan came on over! I was sooo relieved.He walked himself this morning...

But man,he needs some serious leash training.He already snapped one leash,so another was brought over for me.And well I guess it wasn't clipped properly or something,cause he pulled and it came off.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

sounds scarey...wow that he knows your house as home already lol...he knew to come there when done, thats a good thing, means you are his home

my dog Leia is horrid on the leash to, She pulls and runs...we work on her every weekend, but so far nothing is working lol...

I hope Hogan stops walking himself and walks you instead lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Yeah,thats a good thing.I agree.He must feel comfortable here! Right now,he is standing beside me.He is quite loyal.

Yeah,were going to work on the leash training some more.I have been somewhat working on it,but have to admit...not alot.Hogan was a hunter and left in an outdoor pen,so he never got leash training.

But yeah,I almost had a heart attack today!

* Lisa *

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Thats how Waffles used to be. If he got out of the backyard he would run off and would terrify us when James and I were in Amarillo because cars up there love to run over dogs Anyway I'm glad it all worked out. I'm sure you can train him

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol wow what a strong boy! im glad he came back, it shows he really loves you. i think dogs are like kids, they just have the urge to do something but when they're done they come back and say sorry lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Sounds like "Hogan" is an appropriate name for the macho-man.

I grew up with a beagle, and he was super strong on the leash too. He would pull me right off my feet until I was about 10 years old! He was like a tank.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
lol wow what a strong boy! im glad he came back, it shows he really loves you. i think dogs are like kids, they just have the urge to do something but when they're done they come back and say sorry lol
I agree.Hehe.Hogan seemed to try and say he was sorry.He was sucking up to me all night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmaughan View Post
Sounds like "Hogan" is an appropriate name for the macho-man.

I grew up with a beagle, and he was super strong on the leash too. He would pull me right off my feet until I was about 10 years old! He was like a tank.
Hahaha...beagles may be smaller dogs (well in general,there are some larger ones...like Hogan for example)...but when they are determined,they can be quite strong!

* Lisa *

Tags
beagle paws