What is your breed? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I Dream of Godzilla

i used to have a japanese spitz, a german sheperd, and a red coated doberman which all of them have now crossed the rainbow bridge due to old age. now i currently have a bassett hound - labrador mix pup given by my sister's best bud as their labrador (male) "accidentally" mated with their bassett hound (female) (spaying is not a practice here in this country as they consider it to be cruel). The dog though is cute, have labrador coat, facial features except for the sad look and the huge ears (see a lop rabbit), and the short limbs...

A proud "DAD" to:

A very sweet/loving and affectionate female iguana named LIZ

4 unnamed 12 yrs old turtles...

A Sweet Bassett hound - Labrador mix puppy named Ringo

Lizard owners are SWEET LOVERS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Wow, quite a few sheltie owners here.

We only have two dogs, a Samoyed and a Shetland Sheepdog.

The Samoyed is named Kirby and is my husband's dog. He'll be 4 in July.

My Sheltie is a blue merle named Seamus and we got him last year from a breeder in Turku. Seamus was supposed to be "my" dog, but he's turned more into my husband's dog. He LISTENS to me better than anyone else, but I know he loves my hubby the best. Such is life, though.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 05:08 PM

I have a 9 year old Rottweiller, Chance that I adopted from the local shelter at 10mnths of age and he is so smart I trained him how to be a service dog for myself although I don't need it.

I taught him different phrases,socks,shoes,phone,zilla(stuffed toy),when i wash him or he is wearing a back pack for fishing, i tell him "turn" and he does so i can acess the other side. He learns anything and everything, I can't keep up. I will miss the little S&^%$ when he passes away. Ironically I started seeing this security officer since Nov 04 and I believe in signs and this is one of them that it will help me not be lonely when the dog passes to have someone there for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 05:28 PM

I have a Bichon Frise, female, neutered, she is 7 years old and she is a sweetheart, she is an angel...well..Almost an angel...she gets in alot of mischief...she is actually my dads dog, she loves him more than anyone....

Then theres my dog, Tuffy, male, 2 years old, he is a pomeranian/chiuhuhua, he is a sweetheart but gets into alot of trouble and sheds ALOT, he is the best friend anyone could have, he is very very very very hyper and he loves to play.....
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I saw a red doberman and fell in love with it and decided to get one of my own. Scarlette is 6 years old now and a real sweetie. She's really lazy and her favorite activity is sleeping and eating. She is very car sick and prefers to just be a home-body.

My mom was thinking about getting a Bull Terrier about 3 years ago. I did a bunch of research for her and she decided that a BT wasn't the dog for her......I on the other hand fell in love with the breed and got one last June. Thus the story of Riley, my sweet little deaf BT that was dealt a crappy genetic hand and lived a short, but happy and spoiled life with me.

I knew I wanted at least 1 or 2 more Bull Terriers even before my sweet Riley Roo passed away. I was devastated beyond belief when she died, so in a search to find another BT to spoil, I found Mirra.

Mirra is 4 months old now and we start Puppy Kindergarten this Wednesday! We went "school clothes" shopping yesterday and got a new collar and leash.

In the past I've have mutts, a collie, 5 Boston Terriers (GREAT DOGS!), and a Lhasa Apso.

Rhonda

post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

13 year old White German Shepherd named Tasha. She was got at a shelter... we were told she was very abused. She's came a long way since then.

1 year old Collie/Shepherd named Link. He was also a shelter dog who was picked up by the dog catcher and took by the SPCA here. Poor little guy was the wildest dog and still is pretty wild. Eek.

12/13 year old Jack Russell named Buddy. He was a shelter dog who was took to the shelter because someone came to take care of a disabled women and the dog was biting the children when the touched near his butt. He had no fur back there and the vet said he was allergic to fleas. He looked so awful with no fur back there and scabbed up and such.

4 year old Jack Russell named Shiloh. She was given to us by my uncle. He is very rough (as in hitting) and they kept her in a cage and weren't home a lot. Thank God she came to us, but they still have 2 dogs.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 05:35 PM

We have a pitbull-italian greyhound mix named Nugget (she's the same color as McDonalds chicken McNuggets). We rescued her from the local pound about 9 years ago. She has obviously been beaten (I don't see how ANYBODY can do that to a poor little animal ). She is a very sweet, but if you scold her for anything, she gets very nervous and scared (probably from being abused in her early years). We have had 3 different vets look at her, and the first one said she was pitbull-fox terrier, then the other 2 told us pitbull-italian greyhound. There is really no denying that face is that of a pitbull (she looks like a baby pitbull to me). Her body is muscular like a pit, but she is shaped like an italian greyhound, and there are some facial features that make us agree with the last 2 vets that she is definately that breed. She is so adorable. She absolutely LOVES car rides, walks and cuddling. Just saying the words races, walk, ride, garage, treat, biscuit or Winona (that's something she learned when we started calling rides Winona's, as in Winona Ryder ) makes her go CRAZY!! She gets all excited. Then words like bath, cage (or Nicolas is the other name for cage hahaha...I know, we're so creative) or bye-bye make her cringe. Anyways, that's our little precious dogs story.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Let's see, right now I have two miniature dachshunds.

Rebel is a black and tan doxie who will be 3 this year, I consider him my second dachshund. Rebel was bred by my older aged father who thinks that breeding a dog because it's a good looking dog is ok, which I don't agree with but I can't say that I'm not so very grateful to him because I have Rebel who is the best, most polite, sweet, and loving dog I've ever owned. He's not up on tricks so much but he's a well-mannered dog who just seems to know what to do. lol

Claire is my chocolate and tan dapple dachshund who will be turning 2 this year, wow the time flies! Claire is my third dachshund, I've had her since she was 8 weeks old, bought from a local breeder. Claire is a bit more outgoing than Rebel, she loves to play and be silly. She is very sweet and affectionate though and I wouldn't know what to do without her.

Before Rebel I had Amy, she was my first dachshund and I adored her, she's passed away now but I still love and miss her.

I've also got an australian shepherd named Niki who has to stay with my father right now due to home issues with my mom lol. She's still mine though and I miss her so badly. She's a blue merle with a goofy and playful nature, like Claire.

I've been brought up owning beagles, dachshunds, miniature dachshunds, collies, and lots of mutts, I do have to thank my dad for being a kind hearted man that would never let an animal be left without a home and someone that loved them. He doesn't breed his dachshunds anymore which makes me very, very happy.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 03:59 PM

Talking

PIT-BULLS, PIT-BULLS, PIT-BULLS

I figured I'd list once for every dog I own

Whinnie - Amer. Red-nosed Pit-Bull Terrier 3yrs - rescued
Boo-Boo - Amer. Red-nosed Pit-Bull Terrier 1 1/2 yrs - Born from Whinnie
Bailey - Amer. Blue-nosed Pit-Bull Terrier 3 yrs - rescued 2 weeks ago.

In the past I have owned hounds, Airedale Terrier, Lab's and Lhasa Apso's

In the future I'd love to own a Douge de Bordeaux, My girlfriend has 2 and I absolutely love them. Angel & C'Zarr, you'll see them posted here, beautiful animals.........
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I have 3 dogs and my boyfriend has 1...mine are Puppers (Australian shephard) Lady (cocker spaniel) and Penny (yorky) Kens dog is peepers (doxie) they are all wonderful...peepers is blind so we are very careful with her, shes 14 years old, puppers is 11, Lady is 6 and penny is 4....lol all of them and a wonderful cat lol

post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awwww they're gorgeous!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 06:37 AM

After coming off the road as a long haul driver I wanted a puppy, and my stepdaughters Aussie was having puppies so I got pick of the litter, Thats how we got Maggie, then Dottie, her momma decided that our house was where she wanted to live, so here she stayed.
Dianna and Heidi, my calicos, where adopted from our barn because they were sickly, but Hieidi passed away in an accident about 4 mo ago. And I was conned into taking Annie home by my father in law and husband. She was also in the barn. Something had happened to her momma (we don't know what) and she was orphaned at about 10 days old. I was helping to feed the horses and the men were on the other side of the barn loudly discussing what to do with this kitten, I think knowing full well that I would take her home. I bottle fed her, and all the other girls mothered her. Annie is now a happy healthy obnoxious 9 month old calico hunter.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:46 AM

Red face Dogs

We have Even-shepxlab, Chow- chowxlab, Osa- labxgold. All spayed female. Good watchdogs and friends.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggs521
My current puppy is a chocolate lab (14 weeks)- I got him kind of by luck. My boyfriend's boss was breeding her two labs for some of her friends and relatives that wanted labs. And then when she had the litter she had 1 "left over." So my boyfriend, knowing that I had been looking for a dog and love labs, said I would take it. But then other things happened and I didn't think I would be getting him. To my suprise, two weeks later I got him!

All the other dogs I've owned (well, my family) have been humane society finds. We walked in, fell in love, and brought them home.

Like she said, we got him from my boss. He's the first dog I remember having (had some when I was little), other then that I've just had cats and fish.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 01:50 PM

I have currently have three dogs.......my oldest is a mutt we are not exactly sure what hes a mix of but hes my abs. favorite out of the bunch. We got him i belive from a friend whose dogs had puppies.
My next one is a wiemeraner named Sterling...hes big for his breed but hes still cute as a button. And we got him from the pet store my aunt manages.
And lastly we have a great dane named Natasha, and shes my little own pony! haha We got her last november when she was abotu 2 yrs old from a woman my mom worked with who could no longer keep her. When we got her she was extremly malnutritioned and under weight and extremly skiddish around kids or lots of people makign us believe she was abused somehow because of her mannuerisms. But now since then she is back to good health and is a doll around all people.
Soon i hope to get another puppy, most likely when my oldest pasess away. I want a small dog real bad because i love them and i already have three decent sized dogs. I have three fav breeds, i love mini greyhounds, mini pinchers and dauchsands(spelling.) Although i dont want my oldest dog to pass away, he is very old and has been havign lots of problems lately and i do want a new puppy as well, so the idea is kind of bittersweet but we will see what happens.

Tags
animal rescue, animal rescue league, australian shepherd, black lab, border collie, boston terrier, bull terrier, bull terriers, chocolate lab, cocker spaniel, dog food, dry dog food, elvis lee, english springer spaniel, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherd dog, golden retriever, humane society, jack russell, lhasa apso, local pet store, local shelter, pembroke welsh corgi, pet shop, pet store, pit bull, pit bull mix, puppy mill, pure bred, rat terrier, yellow lab