What is your breed? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

What is your breed?

Hi, I would like to know what breed(s) of dog(s) everyone may have and how they obtain thier four legged friend?

I have a 11 year old sheltie name TASHA who my famiy adopted at Pets Mart. She is shy but really sweet. She dosen't fit the normal stereotype of dogs, she dosn't give kisses, cuddle, or like being pet, she dosn't play fetch, she may run around every now and then, but for the most part she lays around in my apartment and sleeps, eats, drinks and lays around some more. She does love other dogs and animals, but she dosn't play with them just checks them out. I don't think she knows how to play, =( but she does love my company, because if I leave the room she paces and one time she actually barked for me to come back! Which isn't normal for her, because she was de-barked by her pervious owner so when she does cough up a bark it is hoarce sounding and makes her hack. She does heel real well and I did teach her to sit. We have a special kind of love, and even though she dosn't like it that much, I give her a hug and a kiss every day. I think she is starting to like it though, because she seems to smile at me and every now and then she gets excited from it. (jumping around and wagging her tail) Which she seems to do more often now whenever I come home from work.

Eat a crunchy, Sleep in hammock,
Steal a sock, Dig in shoes,
Nip your ankles, Climb your pants
Miss the litter box, Beg for treats,
Poop in a corner, Knock something over

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
But Why Would Anyone Do a Thing Like That?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Playful Pup

My current puppy is a chocolate lab (14 weeks)- I got him kind of by luck. My boyfriend's boss was breeding her two labs for some of her friends and relatives that wanted labs. And then when she had the litter she had 1 "left over." So my boyfriend, knowing that I had been looking for a dog and love labs, said I would take it. But then other things happened and I didn't think I would be getting him. To my suprise, two weeks later I got him!

All the other dogs I've owned (well, my family) have been humane society finds. We walked in, fell in love, and brought them home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 02:23 AM
I'll name him Squishy!!

I have a beagle that is about 9 months old and I got her from some people that breed beagles just outside of town here. My bf got her for me for my birthday!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Hmmm, well.

I have a german shepard. He was my Christmas present from my hubby our first Christmas together. I had always wanted a shepard. He is 8 years old now.

We have a choc lab that we got from a neglectful neighbor that had purchased him. I told her to give him to me or I was turning her in. He was in horrible shape.

We have an Austrailian Shepard who belongs to my children. He came from a local breeder/breed rescuer.

We also have an English Mastiff who was a gift from my grandfather.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I have a 6 yr old daschund named Olle who was given to me about 3 months ago by a family member coz they were getting a new dog and there was nowhere else for him to go
And a 7 month old medium Schnauzer called Indy. We wanted a mini Schnauzer and rang every breeder in the area but they all either had waiting lists or the puppies had not been born yet so we put our names down. We also put an advert in the paper and some1 called and said they had a 5 month old puppy that had been placed out but they had brought him back (he can not be shown coz his tail does not sit straight) so we bought him and he turned out to be a medium one but we are so glad for him, he makes us smile each and every day

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

My first dog was really my stepmother's and lived with her. He was a Golden Retriever.
I got my own dog when I was 13. She was a Chow chow.
When I moved out on my own, it was better for my elderly chow to stay with my mom and I got a chow/shephard mix. Great dog but loved my kids' father best, so I let him keep the dog when I left him (I got the kids)
Currently I have two Pitbulls. In another year or two I'll have either a Great Pyranese or a Newfoundland to add to the pitties. I think I'll always have pits though

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

currently I have a 14 year old beagle/kelpie x. She is my childhood dog and we obtained her from the rspca when she was 8 months old.

I also have a brindle and white english staffordshire. She's approx. 4.5 years old. We obtained her from a staffy rescue (6 hour return trip to get her). She's an amazing dog and I think we'll probably own staffy's forever now!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Part of the Pack

I have a German Shepherd Dog named Coral, that we got from the Animal Rescue League. She was a stray so we are not sure how old she is. We are guessing she is about 5 to 6 years old.

I also have a Pomeranian named Joey, who we got from a breeder on puppyfind.com. He is six months old and if I ever want another Pom, I will definitely use the same breeders. They were so nice and helpful. I still keep in touch with them once and awhile.

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Naked Dog Mom

I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi that came from a new pet store that opened up here. Normally I wouldn't buy from a petshop b/c of the possibility of puppy mill dogs, but I hadn't seen any corgis for sale or adoption in my area, and it's been my favorite breed for a long time. I had a job interview with the company once and they swore that they don't sell puppy mill puppies and that if any store got caught doing so, they'd have to take their sign down, but I don't know if it's true or not.

Regardless of where he came from, he's pretty well behaved most of the time.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Removed due to federal age requirements

This might take a while... Lol.

Cinco-Yellow Labrador Retriver/German Shepard mix- We adopted her from a shelter that was visiting at PetsMart in the summer of 97. She's really sweet and is the best behaved dog we have.

Patches-Yorkshire Terrier/Maltese mix- We adopted him from a breeder. He was the only one of the litter left. He is sometimes a bit grouchy, but a wonderful dog.

Yukon-Pomeranian- Yukon is a wonderful little dog, yet very timid. He was at a puppy mill before he was sold to the pet store. I suspect abuse, as he gets spooked very easily and is afraid of most newcomers.

Emma-Maltese/Poodle mix- Emma is a wonderful girl. She is sweet and a great mother. We got her from a small pet shop where she was born and raised. She has given birth to 5 puppies, and that was her first and only litter.

Banditt-Yourkshire Terrier- Banditt is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. He is so adorable. He is a dad, yet so much a puppy. We got him from a breeder in December 04. He is a wonderful little puppy.

Brownie, Digger and Sadie- Yorkie/Maltese mixes- I've chosen to write about these three together as they are siblings. They are the charge of Banditt and Emma, and are extremely ADORABLE. They are sweet and kind little babies.

That wasn't that long, was it?
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Adolescent Pup

My in-laws have a 8 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Chessie - absolutely gorgeous They got her when she was a puppy from a breeder in the area. She's blind now, due to some genetic eye problems. But she's still upbeat and loves to play and gets around just fine

Chinmom to :
Trinity (standard grey), Trillian (hetero beige), Tequila (mosaic),
Speedy (hetero beige) and Batman (standard grey)
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Removed due to federal age requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadukie
My in-laws have a 8 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Chessie - absolutely gorgeous They got her when she was a puppy from a breeder in the area. She's blind now, due to some genetic eye problems. But she's still upbeat and loves to play and gets around just fine
Oh, Chesapeake Bays are such gorgeous dogs!
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Formerly Known as oreos_my_hedgie

I have a toy sized poodle, Priscilla, who ran away for 4 days and we got her back last night. She is my princess baby. I got her when i was 7.

Then we have and over-sized(not as in fat), crooked jawed sheltie named Cosmo. He is not shy at all, and very sweet. H's my brother's dog. Cosmo is a year younger that Prissy.

post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My parents have a golden retriever called Holly whose now nearly 11 years old and we got her from a breeder when i was 13. I'd always wanted a dog although i ideally wanted a small dog and oneday my parents surprised me and took me to the breeders and we picked her. She's been a problem free dog just troubled with a little arthritis now and again but she still goes her 2 walks a day and is a very loving dog

Then when i got my first job i decided that i wanted to get my own dog and i did a lot of research and chose the Lhasa Apso. I contacted the Lhasa Apso rescue but there was already a long waiting list so i decided to get a puppy and it took me a few months but i found a good breeder who clearly loved his dogs and i had the pick of the litter and i got my little bundle of mischief Poppy. Shes not your typical Lhasa she's a scruffy little mutt who doesn't like to be clean. I see other people and their lhasas are pristine, all clean and prim and proper and then i have my little fur ball looking all scruffy and bedraggled from digging, swimming and general rolling around in the mud but then again shes happy and you can't put a price on that. She's also such a little character and will take on any dog big or small and is extremely stubborn and won't do something if she don't want too She's had a rough time lately as had to have major surgery and is now on a special diet for life but she always springs back and i wouldn't swap her for the world

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Playful Pup

Hello-
We are proud owners of a sheltand sheepdog!!! He is quite gorgeous and he can get into trouble!! Ha...

andrea

PROUD MOM TO:

sammie-shetland sheepdog
lady-mini-rex bun
brownie-mini-lop bun
soon to be real mom!! :blob7:
crazy wife

Tags
animal rescue, animal rescue league, australian shepherd, black lab, border collie, boston terrier, bull terrier, bull terriers, chocolate lab, cocker spaniel, dog food, dry dog food, elvis lee, english springer spaniel, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherd dog, golden retriever, humane society, jack russell, lhasa apso, local pet store, local shelter, pembroke welsh corgi, pet shop, pet store, pit bull, pit bull mix, puppy mill, pure bred, rat terrier, yellow lab