What is your favorite breed? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 08:47 AM
hensonmom

Well i have always prefered mixed breads...
But i love all dogs but the bigger the better.
I fell big dogs enjoy children more.
And yes that does include Pit bulls, I think they get a bad rap
There are no bad dogs only bad owners

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 09:17 AM
Alena

Newfoundland is my favorite!

post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 09:57 AM

My friend has two pits. I drove 5 hours (one way) to meet the breeder with her. They had one house dog (who was also momma) she took a liking to me and I almost kidnapped her and took her home. Her two babies ended up at my friends house. Wonderful temperments but boy what a handful! Her little boy doggie was in the back yard and heard kids playing football in the school yard behind her house. He proceded to jump a 6' stockade fence and played with them for a little while. The cops found him a little while later about 10 feet from the house - did not bother to look at his tag on his collar and took him to a pound. My friend was so scared. The pound that he was taken to is know for putting pits down quickly. Mind you he is micro chipped also but if she didn't hunt him down as quickly as she did I wouldn't doubt that he would not be here today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 11:51 AM
Proud New Mommy

I totally agree with you, Hensonmom!! peoples words against dogs words....if only dogs could talk, i wonder what kind of world we would be living in right now.

Wow, Dena! that goes to show you, how much people care about the animals that keep some of us alive, and kicking. omg, that would make me SO mad what a couple of peices of ......nevermind ANYWAYS the dog is back and doing fine right? and he jumped a 6' fence????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 02:16 PM

Oh yeah he is doing fine and yup a 6' fence. They now have 8' fence along the back!
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 02:46 PM
Proud New Mommy

lol, hes never tried to jump that one huh??

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 02:47 PM

No - not yet anyway
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Proud New Mommy

lol, thats good

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 01:15 PM

I also love all dogs but I have a special affinity for the Rotties and german blood shepherd. I am a govt cert dog trainer so these two are a special joy to work with in ob and guard work. Plus I am not bias but I own both of these breeds lol. Tommy the rottie and Shilo the shep.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 09:57 AM
sharmon55

My favorite breed would be Pugs. I absolutely love them. I have 3 now.

post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 10:06 AM
sharmon55

Quote:
Originally posted by Christi
WEIMIES!!!!!! I am a SUCKER for Weimaraners... also very fond of Labs.
This pic is soooo cute. I have a chocolate lab. I have seen pics of Weimaraners that look as if they are a shiny gray color, I don't know if this would be called blue or what, but they are really neat looking. I haven't been around them to know what the personality is though.

post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Proud New Mommy

hey, i have a question....talking about labs, has anyone read the book The Watchers???? OMG!! i love that book, anyone and everyone (sept young children) should read that booooook!!

post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 09:19 AM
sharmon55

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocheal
[B]hey, i have a question....talking about labs, has anyone read the book The Watchers???? OMG!!

No, is it a Steven King novel?? I did read Cujo about the ST. Bernard.

post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 11:53 AM
sharmon55

Pug Pics

I tried to post some pics of my pugs but it says the files are too large. I'll have to see in I can get some smaller ones scanned.

post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 12:53 PM
Proud New Mommy

[QUOTENo, is it a Steven King novel?? I did read Cujo about the ST. Bernard. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, its a great book by dean koontz (i think he spells it lke that) EVERYONE should read that book, i loveeee it

Tags
border collie, cavalier king charles, chocolate lab, cocker spaniel, doing fine, english springer spaniel, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, guinea pig, pit bull, pit bulls, puppy mill, shih tzu, siberian husky