What is your favorite breed? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 03:49 PM

Talking My Fav Breeds

1st-Pomeranian
2nd-Pit Bull
3rd-Golden Retriever
4th-Siberian Husky
5th-Labrador
:bfly:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 07:38 PM

Mini Schnauzers, excellent dogs!!!
Golden Retrievers,
Border Collies,
Siberian Huskys
Mutts,
Oh, I could go on forever. LOL!

*sighs* I miss my Maxwell sooooo much!!! I WANT A DOG!!!!!
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Dean Koontz is a very good author - and a couple of steps away from Stephen King so I understand the warning!

Showbunny,I have two CKCS dogs. Talk about princesses!! I didn't pay for either of them; one has a birth defect in her eye (micro-opthalmia) and the other was rescued from a puppy mill. I also have a shih tzu who is about a year old and Mama's little watch dog! I tried getting on the computer at about 3:30 this a.m. and she woke and realized I wasn't in bed. You should have heard her howling!

When it comes to larger breeds, I'm more partial to Goldens - although I have read that a Cavalier is a Golden in a smaller size. The big dogs are fine when they belong to someone else - I just don't think I'd ever want to own one except a Golden. (I was able to help my friend find a Bouvier des Flanders for his wife for Christmas; free dog, it's Mom was going to do missionary work in Belize. They both say the dog is wonderful.)

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 01:33 AM

My favorites are St. Bernards, I have had 5 of them with the last one passing away a few years ago. I also had a Newfoundland, and he was a great dog as well. Next fave would be Corgi's
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 08:12 AM
mydogsrmyangels

OMG!!!! Christi, that is just the cutest puppy!!!!!
I personally like any big dog: Mastiffs, Great Danes, German Shepards, Weimareiners, (sorry bad speller, lol) Labs, Rotts, Pits (especially when they're puppies, OMG there's never enough kisses) but then again I'm a sucker for Pugs, Cocker Spaniels, Shi-tzus (there's that bad speller in me again!) oh heck I love 'em all!! I have to say mutts since, except for our Lab, that's all we have!

post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:06 AM

I am all about my dauschunds! I have 2 and they are the cutest loveablest (I don't think that's a word but it sounds good) puppies they are small enough to be called puppies right? My male--Bob (my hubby named him--and he didn't even want a dog but he had to name him ) is about 30lbs--VERY overweight and Babs is my mini-she got her name from me because I thought it went well with Bob! She is about 10lbs!Both are lickers. I also have a Great Dane!! She is the biggest pain in my butt!! But she is soooo cute and sweet--like when she takes up the whole couch!!! I really wanted her and had to beg my husband and he finally relented --as usual! We walk together and she is a wonderful dog to walk! She gets alot of attention--especially from men!! So any of you single ladies may need to invest in a dane! She looks like marmaduke Her name is Hemi Lou! Again my hubby named her and didn't want her!!!
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:17 AM
mydogsrmyangels

Lulu!

Congrats Lulu! I see you learned you do create your own
mousey thingie, avatar? I think they're called. :party3:

post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Akasha

dauschunds! and poms aww so cute!

post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 08:39 PM
marsha

Bassets, bassets and more bassets!

post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Eeeeeeew!! Slobber, slobber and more slobber!!

I knew some people once who had a basset that was soooooo fat it couldn't even climb the stairs - it had to live downstairs at their house. I considered that cruel treatment.

They are cute puppies, but I've never been friends with an adult one.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 11:41 PM
marsha

Critter!!!

Never ever ever let a basset get fat. It gives the breed a bad name, plus they look like ready to explode sausages!!

I've been so lucky; mine are all "dry", and never drool. I've heard people complaining about the drool landing and sticking on the walls when their dog shook their head. Talk about gross!

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Oh, I'd never let any dog get in that shape. As I said, I think that borders on cruelty.

When I was doing ER work we had a basset on the table one night. I was holding the dog, the other nurse was putting in a catheter and I forget what the dr was doing. The dog was there because he had been vomiting. Suddenly he started making this funny noise and shaking his head. The other two hauled it across the room but I was stuck there holding the dog on the table. YUCK!! It was all over me, in my hair. So gross. And they thought it was so funny.

Ain't nothing like working with good friends, huh?

I have to admit, my Cavaliers are both on diets because they are a bit on the heavy side, and the shihtzu is on diet food because I don't want her to get that way. But they all eat better and I watch their diets closer than I do my own.

CRITTERCALL

post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 09:49 AM
marsha

With friends like that, who need enemies???!!!

Still Critter, can't help but laugh myself (HeeHee)

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 08:18 PM
su2nz

I love English Springer Spaniels and have owned several over the years. Also loved my two red ChowChows. All now.
Never thought I'd own a toy dog but given a smaller house & garden I'll have to put my Cavalier K S Spaniel at the top of the list. He's only 3 months old and I wouldn't part with him for the world. The only photo I have scanned is his first baby one.

post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 08:32 AM
marsha

who couldn't love that puppy?!!!

Tags
border collie, cavalier king charles, chocolate lab, cocker spaniel, doing fine, english springer spaniel, german shepard, german shepherd, german shepherds, golden retriever, guinea pig, pit bull, pit bulls, puppy mill, shih tzu, siberian husky