What's the best brand of puppy food? - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

View Poll Results: Best puppy food
Science Diet 5 12.82%
Iams 3 7.69%
Purina 3 7.69%
Other (please post) 28 71.79%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 12:24 AM

Here is the problem that I am having. Emma had bowel problems when we got her so the vet told me to keep her on canned dog food (since that was all she would eat) and than switch her to dry and the only dry food she will eat is Ole Roy from Wal mart so do you know if it is harming her?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

Innova
Solid Gold
California Natural
Wellness
Royal Canin
Artemis
Chicken Soup
Flint River Ranch
Nutro

I wouldn't even look at Science Diet, Iams *gag*, Purina (disgusting) Eukanuba...gross...
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 10:52 AM

I cant feed my puppy Purina.....it makes him sick but he loves the Science Diet stuff that the vet gave him for his weak stomach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I vot ed other, t he grooming shop tha tI work at sells Solid Gold and Ca nidae. I don't have a dog, but the thing that I feed my cat is Kaz-n-flocken from Solid Gold. That seems to settle her stomache better then an yth ing else.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 AM

What does everyone think about Merrick? That's what we feed our Corgi
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 05:15 PM

Wow, old thread and I guess I'm going to bump it again :p

I feed a prey model diet, or as close to it as I can manage. More like Frankenprey :p

I used to feed BARF but after further research came to the conclusion that the meat content was too low, the bone content was too high and the un-necessary fruits and veggies were replacing valuable nutrients.

luvmybichon, Ol Roy really is not a good quality food. What canned are you feeding? If it is high quality then why switch?

No healthy dog will refuse to eat for long. If she was my dog I would give her what was best for her. If she hadn't eaten it within a set time frame (10 minutes, perhaps), I would take it up and put it down at the next scheduled meal time. If you feel comfortable doing this, she'll soon learn that it's that or nothing. She may just be acting fussy, and might well love the food once she's adjusted to it. Whatever you choose, make sure that you do the switch gradually.
Closed Thread

Tags
barf diet, chicken meal, chicken soup, dog food, dry food, indoor cat, indoor cats, nutro natural choice, puppy food, royal canin