Whats in your dogs crate? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Whats in your dogs crate?

Whats in your dogs crate? Since both our pups have been spending more time in there crates, i thought it would be interesting to hear what other people have in there dogs crates.

Allie has a little washable bed thing we found at walmart, before that she had a little piece of carpet. and a blanket to snuggle into. and sometimes on of her stuffed toys, altho they were packed when we moved and i haven't found them yet.

For tanner, we gave him Davids old comforter, which he has chewed a few holes in and has been slowly pulling out bits of stuffing. so i have to keep stitching up the holes.. or refolding it so that the holes are hidden. hes quite an aggressive chewer, we gave him one of allies tennis balls the first day he was here, and it lasted all of 10 mins. i haven't been able to find him a kong yet, we got him one of the fire hydrant ones from walmart that he loves.. but im a bit scared to leave it in his crate over night with him.. we also got him a tennis toughie from walmart, which is like a rubber dumbbell shaped thing covered in tennis ball type material.. but hes already for one end chewed pretty well and is getting big pieces off it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Aspires to Stupidity

Pheonix has a rug mat and two small, non-stuffing blankets. She had an old comfortor at first and when we came home one day there was stufing every where in there, lol. At least she was busy.

I always put her bone in there and sometimes one of her rubber toys. I used to put her rawhide in there, but she choked on it one time so I don't trust her with those when I'm not around.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

the pups have a doggie bed and thier Kongs in their crates...we are afraid of putting anything else in there as they are at that stage of chewing on everything lol...Lady has her bed a blanket and her stuffy...she also has one of my shirts that she put in there herself a few weeks back lol, it seems to keep her calm so I let her have it...and Pup sleeps with us so he is all comfy and tucked in lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 08:06 AM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

My boys have this old handmade afghan that was left here in the house by the previous owners. For some reason, they made it long and skinny - so I fold it in half and it's perfect. They also have an old soup mug for their water. Dutch likes to eat the nuts that Roxie drops, so every morning I have to dig out nutshells while I'm straightening the blankey.
Since they're getting older, I may splurge and get them a nice cushioned mat for in there.

Sharon
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

My parent's dog use to have to be in her crate, but since she is potty trained and well behaved they don't use the crate anymore.

When she use to stay in it she had an old blanket, and we would put toys in there with her but she didn't really play with them or anything, just slept while we were gone. Now they replaced her crate with a doggie bed and she just sleeps there while people are gone - and when I'm over my parents house to visit, her old crate is full of bunnies because I use it for Zeus and Barnaby!

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Leo

Only Kongs.... stuffed with various food items and then frozen.

Even though my guys aren't really big time chewers of soft stuff (they will chew on ropes if supervised) I worry that they could possibly get an urge to chew, so they don't have blankets, because blanket pieces could become an obstruction, possibly leading to death.. so I just don't chance it....

The only unsupervised toy I ever allow my dogs to have are Kongs and only after they have been inspected of any cracks...

Intestinal blockages are very scary and by the time you realize that your dog is having an issue it could be too late to fix... One of my biggest fears health wise for my dogs has always been intestinal blockages.. because it seem like it would be exceptionally painful and what if I wasn't home and that happened.. I would not like coming home to my dog in that situation. I have heard several horror stories (not posted here, but elsewhere) of people coming home to dead pets because they had a blockage caused from eating a blanket, fabric, toy etc. when they were at work. Not to mention the potential choking hazards of toys/blankets that have pieces that could break off.

My guys only have Kongs!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

My dogs get nothing in their crates, mainly because they are only in there when I am not home. (which is usually not more than a hour everyday) and for the main reason Leo said. My aunt lost her gorgeous 2 year old beagle/pointer mix to a obstruction, and ever since then, my dogs chew on nothing without being supervised.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Our Pom's(back home at my parents house) have fleecy bed pads from wallyworld and then my dad uses old car seat covers as their bedding/snuggle material
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarita2004 View Post
Our Pom's(back home at my parents house) have fleecy bed pads from wallyworld and then my dad uses old car seat covers as their bedding/snuggle material
Thats kinda the type of bed we got for allie, but its blue, and a bit more plushie.. We were looking for one for tanner too, but we cant find one big enough to fit his crate which i think is 42x28

My Furry Family
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 PM

aww...bummer! we only have 3 small doggies that weight less than 12lbs, LOL!
best of luck to ya! (you might just have to like make one??)
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

yup, i was just thinking that i might have to make one..

My Furry Family
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Sophie doesn't use a crate but Rocky has a little blue bed and a stuffed monkey in his .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM

you could def. do that! or if you can find ones w/out such a pronounced edge, you can sew em together
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I have foam mats with a memory foam topper to them. I covered Franks with fleece and Belle's I used an old dog bed cover. They both have fleece blankets in with them. They both love to get under the covers. They have to be warm. Belle is allowed to have stuffies in her crate because she does not chew them up. Frank is only allowed his balls because he chews stuffies to shreds.
Frank would never allow being parted from his precious ball. He has issues.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip View Post
Frank would never allow being parted from his precious ball. He has issues.

My Furry Family

Tags
dog bed, potty train, potty trained