Whats your favorit breed of Dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Whats your favorit breed of Dog

OK I want to know what every ones favorit breed of dog or dogs, Even old mutts can be included and pictures as well. Tell me why they are your favorit and why you love them so much, What got you into that breed or if you just love mutts becuase you rescued some and they need good homes tell your story. Besides I want to see lots of cute dogs pictures big and small and here why every one loves the certin breed so much.
My 1st love in the German Shapard hands down. my dad had one while I was growing up and he was such a smart and protective dog. I love how smart they are and strong, A great family pet and I love thier protectiveness. The way they move to me is splended and amazing. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures from my gram and parents to scan onto my computer and post them.
2nd would be the English Springer spanial and the cocker. I love ther intelligence will to work and please you and there loveing disposition. Oh and they keep me active. I love the cockers cute look and sad exspresion. My parents raised them and I quikely feel in love with their personalitys. Oh they act like little people and you just want to spoile them. they make great best frineds.
3rd would be the Lab I had a big black lab named vader. I love their outgoing personality and their wanting to be with you. I love thier boldness and when trianed from a young age right they make a wonderful family pet. Also I love the sad look and floppy ears they have. Thier like big clumsey clowns at times.
I love the Great dane and the papalon. they are more a 2nd and 3rd dog. I love the great danes size and regel or royal like exspresion and the fact they are strong and very beautiful their gental disposition. the papalon I love their looks and I have always wanted one. I love how they move like they are so proud and are a stubern no fear little bit of a dog. I like the fluffyness they have.
here are some pictues of my sweet heart dogs.

Padme the English and Minniw (RIP) and her brother whyler

Mother to minnie and whyler

The Millennium Falcon (RIP) may the force always be with this one

Full name is Luke Skywalker whylee whyler whyside master Yoda
whyler for short

Padme Full name Queen Padme Amiddala Skywalker MY ENGLISH comes from 3 line of champions call name if showed is revenge on the sith.

Han Solo my 95% English Springer FEILD type.

I cant forget my old Mutt Laya my baby girl. She started the cocker lines to breed the breed of cocker back to full cockers. sine she was 75% cocker. She was by far the best dog I ever owned and proably always will be. they say their is always the one dog that tops them all and to me she was better then lassie, rin tin tin and bengie rolled into one.

Granted I like the breed but I cant forget my taco bell dog he was a rescue and who could say no to that face.
Sorry no other pics of my other favorit dogs. Remember this is for all dogs that are your favorit.
Diamond
ps you can go to my dog site which not alot is done some stuff is being worked on but not able to view yet.
http://www.freewebs.com/thedogzpack/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 05:38 AM
RAT ADDICT

Greyhounds will ALWAYS be my "heart breed".
I first learned of them in 1998,when the first one was brought here.Darcy was the first Greyhound brought to the island and he inspired some people and Greyhound Pets of Atlantic Canada was started (I volunteered for them for a few years...since 2001).I actually became good friends with the owner of Darcy,who also had two other hounds...Chelsea and Eli.Chelsea was my girl.I took her everywhere!!!! I loved that dog so much.Unfortunatly this was a time when I didn't own a computer,so all of my pictures (I have 5 albums of Greyhound pictures!) are in photo albums.I only have a couple pictures of Chelsea on the computer and a couple of Darcy.And ONE of Eli...excuse me in these pictures!

Cheslea passed away from bone cancer (was euthanized) in 2003.I miss that dog so much and it is actually painful to think about.I have a Greyhound tattoo on my ankle in memory of her.

Chelsea

Me with Chelsea and Darcy

Me and Eli and Darcy

I also love Boxers,German Shepherds (this is the breed I will be getting),Rottweilers,Weimaraners and most of the sighthounds.
BTW there is a really old thread like this,I am just too lazy to go dig it up.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

most any sighthound or herding bred. minus GSD, and other GSD "type" breeds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Adolescent Pup

I love Turkish Kangal most. And Caucasian Ovcharka, Alabai, French Mastiff, German shepherd, Dobermann, Rottweiler, Saint Bernard, Boxer, Great Dane, Dogo Argentino, Cane Corso, Presa Canario, Tosa, Husky, Rough Collie, English Mastiff, Tibetan Mastiff, Spanish Mastiff, Bernese, Irish Wolfhound.. and it goes on..

TURKISH KANGAL IS NOT A DOG, IT'S A MIRACLE AND DREAM..80-90 cm. HIGH (MALES) AND 70-80 cm. HIGH (FEMALES) USUALLY AND IT'S THE MOST POWERFUL DOG BREED OF THE WORLD.. NO OTHER DOGS OR BIG WOLFS CAN CHALLENGE WITH TURKISH KANGAL.. WHEN IT'S PROTECTING THE HERD WOLFS, BEARS AND LIONS CAN NOT APPROACH TO THE HERD. BECAUSE THEY NEVER WANT TO FIGHT WITH A REAL KANGAL DOG..WHEN IT'S PROTECTING YOUR HOUSE OR YOU, NOONE CAN APPROACH..KANGAL WILL DIE FOR YOU IF NEEDED..SIMPLY THE BEST.. JUST A BEAUTIFUL DREAM..TURKISH KANGAL DOG..MY NUMBER ONE AND ONLY..
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Papillons. I first learned about then when I was probably around 8, when my grandma gave me a book about dog breeds for Christmas. I have wanted one ever since, and last March I finally got my pappy pup!

I like them because they are adorable and small, but don't know that they are small. They are often described as big dogs stuck in a small dogs body. Kit is very active and smart. Papillons are rated as the 8th smartest breed and often do really well in things like agility or as therapy dogs.

I take Kit on hikes with me and he loves to play fetch and run around at the park. But he's only 12 lbs, which is perfect since we live in an apartment and don't really have the space for a big dog. And he's the perfect size for cuddling up on my lap after a long hike or on a cold day

I like a lot of other breeds too, and of course mutts, but papillons are my favorite.

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Newborn Pup

great dane and lab are my two favorites
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I really like golden retrievers and labs. They will always be what I think of first when I think of dogs. Haha They are usually calm and I love their looks mostly.

I also like yorkies, rottweilers, german shepherds, great danes, bernese mountain dogs, samoyed, border collies... BUT I absolutely love mutts too

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

awwww I love all thouse pictures. they are so cute. My friend breed rottys and they are so beautiful and freindly. there are a few that fear them and they clear the side walks when she walks her female Star but she is so sweet. I think certion dogs ger certion raps from either bad breeders or bad pet owners.
My freind had a border collie and she was so sweet but when they moved they couldnt have her only small dogs allowed so they gave her to a farm and she is doing great they were sad but at lest they get to visit her. Her name was stormy.
I did have a great dan lab mix one time named Oppie which came with his name. He prtected me in a bad relationsip I was in at the time. but that is all another story. I'll have to post some more pictures later.
I love the way grey hounds and other site dogs move they have that rubber band effect. I hate that after they race them that they use to cull them or use them for breeding a couple times and then cull them but thank God their is rescues that take them in. I would take in a 15 year old dog that even if they only lived a week to year at lest I know I made thier life comefey before they passed.
Vanilla when you siad brought in 98 do you mean that they never had grey hound in can. or do you mean in that area?
I like Dobbies as well I like the ears croped though but I'm use to seeing them that way with out they look funny to me. They have a sharp look to them with the croped ears.
Daimond

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Adolescent Pup

I do love the cockers but ever since i was little ive always wanted a cavalier king charles, i also really like the husky and spitz type breeds, samoyeds look like such great dogs

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 AM
RAT ADDICT

I mean,before 1998 there were NO Greyhounds on the island of Newfoundland.Patt adopted Darcy (the very first Grey here in NL - in the pics) and I had the opportunity to become good friends with her.Unfortunatly she passed away in 2006 due to cancer.She was my daughter's Godmother.

But I considered her Greyhounds part mine and she even told me I had co-ownership,since I was down there DAILY to help walk/look after the Greyhounds! I miss them all.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Military Veteran

My favourite breed of dog that I've owned had to have been my first pets ever when I was just a toddler (and grew up with them until someone stole them from us , most of our dogs get stolen..): Norweigen Elkhounds. I really like German Sheps and Boxers too (have a ger.shep. and boxer right now). Those three breeds have been the best natured ones I've ever owned.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Newborn Pup

Bring on the MUTTS I have three. GSD/PITT, LAB/ROTT and BOXER/HUSKY noone wanted them at the shelter because they were not some lil pocket pup and they were mutts.Best dang mutts I have ever had I have never had a "pure breed" I never can choose one that has all the special lil quirks my big ol slobbering clumsy mutts do I guess but I really think given the chance any animal no matter the breed could find that special place in our family.

4 dogs Molly Gremilen Clutch Charlie
4 cats Piggy Biscuit Mister LIL Man
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Playful Pup

My favourite is a Newfoundland I have never owned one but they are so big and butch.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

lisa if you love greyhounds, do you know about "Galgos"? my friend is part of the french association to rescue galgo dogs from spain. She has 3 and a cocker. (she's crazy, she wants a whole lot more!) In spain dogs are treated like nothing, and just as a hunting tool. They are almost always abused, and as puppies a lot of the owners take a knife and cut their nose in 2!! supposedly that makes them sniff better! one of my friend's dogs has that. They're very pretty dogs. that's their website, i give donations and blankets from time to time (it's in french, sorry!)
http://www.galgosfrance.net/ (click on adoption and les chiens adoptés to see pics!)
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

for small breeds, I like papillons too! they're just too cute! but I like even more French bulldogs and boston terriers
and of course big dogs like i said somewhere else: great danes, burnese, GSD, huskies, anything that looks like a husky haha, and pitts! I LOVE pitts. I worked at a shelter with 40 pitts and walked them everyday.

Tags
dog breeds