Why.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Why..

must they have commercials with doorbells ringing!!!! Do your dogs go crazy when the doorbell rings? Mine do, well they bark at everything. It's the dachshund overprotection mode I guess.. lol. Brad actually unhooked ours so you have to knock. This Dominoes Pizza commercial keeps playing behind me and it says "Get the door.." and the doorbell rings! Dogs go barking. Brad said before "Why do they have to make commercials like that, they should know dogs would go nuts!"

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

thankfully I don't have that problem!!! Biscuit wants to greet everyone so she just runs to the door to see who is there...but she's pretty well trained and unless people go crazy and ring the bell constantly (like her daddy) then she usually waits until we actually open the door and hears us talking...then she'll come running from the dining room to see who has come to visit her (all visitors are for her to do what she likes you know!!!!!)

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Awwww! That Biscuit!

~* Jackie *~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

You wouldn't be saying that if she jumped all over you at the door!!!!! It is one habit I can not get her out of!!!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

I know what you mean except my dogs are 11lbs and under though! I really think sometimes Jasmine can jump almost as high as our shoulders, it's crazy! LOL

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Gumbo's a nutcase too. Especially if he hears another dog bark or someone across the hall going into their apartment. I'm TRYING to break him of this, but not having much luck!

Stephanie

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Playful Pup

Yes, my mothers mini-dachshunds both will absolutely freak out if the doorbell rings. It's just unreal how protective this breed of dogs is.

Whenever it's really quiet in the house and the refridgerator compressor "kicks on", our oldest dachshund comes completely unglued, and will stand in front of the fridge growling and barking up a storm, she even tries to nip and bite at the bottom of the fridge. What a goofy dog!! (lol!) I think it's hillarious, but man alive, my mom gets all bent out of shape when it happens.

Here's a picture of my little one at halloween, sitting with the oldest of the two dachshunds. Her name is "Tootsie".

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Kali and Orion are like Biscuit...everyone comes to see them. They usually don't bark at the doorbell unless it's someone they don't know...usually they see whoever it is when they pull in the driveway
Once they are in, it's on! Ask Patti (Cheshirechin) Kali greeted her in the front hall (she was in bed with her daddy when Patti first got here) and her idea was to jump straight up in the air and lick Patti's face while she was standing up She usually only does that to Shane, but she REALLY liked Patti!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Steph if you figure it out, lemme know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeB_relliM
It's just unreal how protective this breed of dogs is.
This is sooo true! They are the most protective breed I've ever seen. Anyone want a good guard dog, get a dachshund for sure! lol! They might look tiny but they don't think they are and their bark sure isn't tiny! They seemed to become even more protective of us after we had a peeping tom incident at our other house, which is good b/c I feel safe with them. Kahlua seems to bark more at men for some reason! Maybe because of that freak outside our house. Now, if Brad hugs me and picks me up or something, they go beserk barking!

about the doxie and the fridge, that is too cute!!!!!!
Awwwww your daughter and Tootsie are adorable!! Thanks for sharing that picture!

LOL Mandie! Poor Patti!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Seamus goes NUTS when he hears any doorbell at all, even when the doorbell on TV sounds NOTHING like the doorbell we have! Silly, silly sheltie!

But thankfully he doesn't bark inside. He only "bwoofs." I don't mind the bwoofs because they aren't loud and he's a sheltie and I know he wants to bark. It's just in their nature.

I just wish he'd learn that the doorbell on TV DOES NOT sound like our doorbell.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Playful Pup

Notice in that picture, ...that little 'ol Tootsie is completely tuned in to whatever is in that Halloween bucket (candy). She had a hard time understanding the reasons why, but we had to teach my daughter that candy, especially chocolate, is really a big "No-No" for dogs. Y'know kids, they just love to feed animals, ...works out great when momma cooks something that they don't necessarily like (lol!). We don't allow much of that (table scraps) either, ..so yeah, at times, we've really got our hands full.

Tags
table scraps