Why is it.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Why is it....

Why is it that people think it is okay to bring your dog inside stores that have that have the no dogs sign, just because its just a little or toy breed dog. Places like the grocery store are not places to bring a dog into even if your carrying it. People have allergies and fears etc...

Just because your dog is small and tiny doesn't give you the right to bring it insdie stores... and I just realized this should have gone in rants... dang.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Newborn Pup

Honestly if it doesn't bark and behaves well it wouldn't bother me. Though I've never seen this happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

I never do in Michigan, but sometimes in California someone will bring their pet in and it doesn't really bother me, but I don't understand it either. I never would.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

my roommates girlfriend brings her dog everywhere, she sticks it in her coat in the winter no one knows but i'm sure the dog hates being smothered in a down feather coat. but she doesn't think of her dog as a dog either, its a toy.

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Adolescent Pup

i hate when people to that to. i live in Michigan and it does not happen that much but sometime it does and i think that same thing.

~Sam-Woodmor~

My pets-

Jewel and Ruby

Merlin

Gotta Love Them

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I hate when people dress up their dog too and have it as an accessory. I would maybe put a coat on a small dog because it can get very cold, but not because I think its cute.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

My problem is that people won't say anything just because its a small dog, but if someone wanted to bring a medium sized dog or a bigger dogs there is a huge fuss. Just because your carrying the dog doesn't make it ok to bring it into grocery stores and other places that have a sign that says 'no dogs'. In less the store welcomes dogs in (like some coffee shops will even have bowls of water out for dogs) dogs should not be brought into the store in less they are trained service dogs, or dogs in training to be a service dog. People with little toys dogs just don't see that its still a dog, it probably doesn't like being carryied around all the time in a purse or inside a jacket. And that just because its small doesn't give the owner the right to bring it into places where dogs don't belong ( like as mentioned grocery stores).

I admit that I dress Kiwi up in little shirts and skirts and she has jackets and what not, but trust me she enjoys it because she knows that she is going to get extra lovings for being cooropertive and she usually starts wagging her tail and jumping around when I take out her little outifts and if she is not in the mood to wear clothes I don't dress her up. I don't treat her like an accesory though, I don't carry her in a purse (although my mother seems to feel that she is to small to walk on her own and carries her if she (my mother) tskes her out for a walk) and I don't bring her into any store other than the pet store.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

No No, but I doubt you do it as only an accessory, example...celebrities!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Betta Bomb

GA!! This annoys me to no end as well! All the time I see people carrying their dogs in purses, or in arms or whatever and they merrily walk into any old place they want. It angers me not only because they are allowed and Im not persey, and not because I dont like small dogs, but some people have very severe allergies. I think its a fairness issue though, dogs are dogs, regardless of size. Next time I see it I had long ago planned to mention it to management but havent seen it yet.
See, where I work we recently put up a no dogs allowed sign but regulars who always bring the dogs in clearly dont see it and I love it when they do! Others leave their dogs in the porch which apparently is fine. Generally , if it isnt sanitary to have my wire coat medium sized roaming around the floor, then it isnt sanitary to carry one. Equal rights eh
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
No No, but I doubt you do it as only an accessory, example...celebrities!
You mean Paris Hilton ???

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Lol Whoever...

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

I see this happen all the time and it drives me crazy. If dad brought his Rottie in a store all heck would break loose. But its okay for them to pack in a little dog. I just dont think its right at all!