why do people hurt there dogs? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

Angry why do people hurt there dogs?

I was at the park for the 4th of July, and there was a pittbull dog. He had been trained for fighting other dogs, or the previous owners attempted to train him to fight. This dog, was burnt, hit,kicked, with held food. The owners now are the second rescuer, the first one wasn't much better then the old owners.
the dog is sweet, but scared. He will let people pet him, but it's more out of submission, then out of oh boy I love you. Its' more like please don't hurt me.
How old do think this dog is?2?3? not even!!! he's 9 months!!!! he's just a baby. it makes me sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh my, how awful! I wonder as well, why people do this to their pets...

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Playful Pup

I think it's time that having a pet should require a liscense!

Some people should never own pets!!!
GOD help me if I ever see someone hurting an animal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

That just makes me sick to my stomach...and people wonder why I love my animals more than most people...I watch Animal Precinct and all I can think of is how that will never happen to my pitties

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Mandie I miss that show!!!
I don't know and will never understand how people can be so cruel....And a dog to be like that at 9 months of age only has a long haul ahead of him to gain the trust of other's again.... It's a shame and makes me sick to my stomach, but unfortunately in this world NOT everyone can be the responsible pet owner and NOT everyone will understand that a pet is a family member not a toy to be sprung at your convience.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjMalta
I think it's time that having a pet should require a liscense!
I'd agree but it would depend on how that'd work. If it was some ridiculous price to get the license, I'd have to either keep my pets illegally or give them up. This county makes it only possible for the rich to keep pets 100% legally. I cringe at the idea of more legal crud. And yet...it may do good... Sigh... Why do good owners have to pay for the bad ones?

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 02:22 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
Why do good owners have to pay for the bad ones?
That is a good question, but one that we will probably never know the answer to

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

That is horribly sad. I can't even fathom how someone could be so cruel to a puppy.

I am sitting here looking at my babies and just can not imagine. I do know i'd be one mad mom if anyone ever hurt my animals. Just this last week we had a big group of people over visiting. One of the ladies hit Chewy when he came in the kitchen. I went NUTS. Needless to say she was asked to leave my house immediately.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
I'd agree but it would depend on how that'd work. If it was some ridiculous price to get the license, I'd have to either keep my pets illegally or give them up. This county makes it only possible for the rich to keep pets 100% legally. I cringe at the idea of more legal crud. And yet...it may do good... Sigh... Why do good owners have to pay for the bad ones?
Not so much a money issue, but more like a screening.
Then, if you get approved to be a pet owner, they reserve the right to visit and check up of the pet for a certain amount of time to make sure it is in good health and not abused.
Vilolators would risk a huge fine and possible jail time if animal is abused.
I'd pay a small fee for this to be a law!

I am sick and tired of hearing about people abusing animals.
Here is NJ, I think last year some little punk kid and his friends napped the dog next door (little chi or something) and punted it like a football! Him and his friends stood there laughing.
The dog died before it hit the ground!!
Let me tell you, if that were my dog he kicked, I would be in jail right now!
Kid is in jail..or was. Laws are not tough enough for this crap.

Something needs to be done.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

I totally agree, the people who have the dog, I forgot his name, didn't say if the owner was in jail or not. I sure hope so. Also this dog had to go thru more , abuse, by the person who rescued him from the people who tried to fight him. Theyt hought he was just stupid, so when he tried to climb out of a su nroof, the guy hit him and knocked him back into the truck. then the people who have him now, rescued him fro mthe "rescuers." She took him to the vet, and she found out he is deaf.
the dog is now treated as a prince, sleeps on the furniture, eats at table. lol. The people orignally were going to get him, just for a little while, but fell in love with him, good thin, as I would have taken him, and gotten kicked out of my apt
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjMalta
Not so much a money issue, but more like a screening.
Then, if you get approved to be a pet owner, they reserve the right to visit and check up of the pet for a certain amount of time to make sure it is in good health and not abused.
Vilolators would risk a huge fine and possible jail time if animal is abused.
I'd pay a small fee for this to be a law!

I am sick and tired of hearing about people abusing animals.
Here is NJ, I think last year some little punk kid and his friends napped the dog next door (little chi or something) and punted it like a football! Him and his friends stood there laughing.
The dog died before it hit the ground!!
Let me tell you, if that were my dog he kicked, I would be in jail right now!
Kid is in jail..or was. Laws are not tough enough for this crap.

Something needs to be done.
I think it'd have to be a bigger fee, as people coming in to check on animals takes time and money.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisanne
Just this last week we had a big group of people over visiting. One of the ladies hit Chewy when he came in the kitchen. I went NUTS. Needless to say she was asked to leave my house immediately.
Whoa, she was in your house, it is your dog, what in the world was she thinking - I suppose she wasn't thinking. How totally rude. She had a lot of nerve.

Now lets say for example the dog bothered her in some way or whatever, if she had any sort of issue aside from imminent danger she should have gone to you and tell you about it. I can't believe she hit your dog. What a lack of respect toward your home and family. (fuming)

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Part of the Pack

I would be livid if I ever witnessed an act of violence against an animal. The only time I've even come close to harming an animal is in self defense, and I can't even bring myself to do it then. I know darn well the poor thing doesn't deserve it, even if it is attacking me. I've been fortunate enough that I was only bitten once as a kid (he was protecting his yard) and my fathers dog recently got aggressive with me when I stepped too close to his bone, but the only thing that even ran thru my head was to bring my knee up to keep him from my face (throwing my arms in front of me stopped him). Let alone if it was my animal... I think that killing an animal should be on par with murder. Now given accidentally hitting an animal is easier than accidentally hitting an adult human but, I'll finish my ranting.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisanne
That is horribly sad. I can't even fathom how someone could be so cruel to a puppy.

I am sitting here looking at my babies and just can not imagine. I do know i'd be one mad mom if anyone ever hurt my animals. Just this last week we had a big group of people over visiting. One of the ladies hit Chewy when he came in the kitchen. I went NUTS. Needless to say she was asked to leave my house immediately.
OMG She hit your dog!!! I'm with you I'd go nuts!I have had a few people over the years put their knee up to a few of my dogs to stop them from jumping on them. Oh no, don't knee my dog ,tell them no! If you don't like it leave and don't come back!(I do try to stop my dogs from jumping on people) I have noticed dogs tend to jump on people who don't like dogs
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

My room mate accused me of neglecting my pets, I ent off on her as I don't neglect my pets. In a way, I felt that she was insulting my pets, not me, I can handle being insulted, but not having my animals be insulted

Tags
pet owner, responsible pet owner