WHY must you?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

WHY must you??

Why oh why do dogs like to puke on your carpet?!?

He could've chosen the hardwood floors or the bathrooms, kitchen & laundry room linoleum floors, but NOOOOOO he wants to puke on the carpet!!

Every dog I've ever had makes a beeline to the carpet when they have to puke. I wonder why... is there some *reason* or is it just something dogs do??

BTW, it was Manto so it was lots of fun to clean up!!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Part of the Pack

Jodi I can relate to that....because it just happened to me yesterday with Angus. He ate some grass in the yard not 10 mins before hubby walked it the door from work. I was sitting at the computer and all of the sudden he makes a beeline for mommy....right next to my foot..... but on the rug it went Hubby starts running around to get paper towels. Angus looked at me, like..."sorry mom". I hope Manto is ok and it was nothing serious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Berry 4ever in my
RIP 5/27/91-4/4/05
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

The hardwood floors are probably too cold for him to comfortably get sick on. That's my theory on why my cat runs to the carpet to puke.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ugh, that sucks! lol They love to do that don't they, mine do that too, never hardwood, always carpet.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh yeah you have to vomit on carpet..it's the rule!!!! Biscuit isn't allowed in the loungeroom at all but she will run to puke on our rug in the loungeroom! It's a must! And then they give you that 'I'm sorry' look. But really inside they are laughing going, well I might have been sick but I just did something that if I was healthy I'd get in big trouble for!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

It must be puke week! Riley came over to me this afternoon and proceeded to puke in my lap! When I got up to get paper towel she ran into the living room and puked on the carpet.

Maybe they think that if they puke on the carpet the evidence will be soaked up?

Rhonda

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I agree in it being puke week...Biscuit puked twice on Tuesday night. Excitement both times! The second time was the funniest though cause there was no warning...she was watching Molly run around and got totally excited and turned around to look at me and puked at the same time and then ran off! No jerky movements at all!

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

this is sooo true! omg...mine either puke on the rugs or on the back deck (thank goodness). the deck i don't mind cause i can just hose it off. but the rugs...ugh! darn doggies!

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 10:30 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

The best thing is when you get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and you step on a hairball or kitty puke with your bare feet! I hate that!

The other day, Mike even had cat poop on his sock! He was like "What the...!!!" He threw his sock out onto the patio and it stayed there for days!

Rats have rights...& mice too!

Last edited by veggiegirl; 09-18-2004 at 10:32 PM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

at Stephanie!

The best is when they puke in the car and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it until you stop!

Harley did that on her way to a vet appointment last Monday. I thought I had smelled something, but couldn't pinpoint what it was. I looked in the back, and she had puked. The worst part about it was she had her cone on!

Or when they puke on blankets. That's always fun, too.

Karen

[

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Okay you all right it is puke week and the carpet is THE spot.... Umm first it was Dante, the big alaskan malamute, than Gidget, and so forth....I must admit I was when Steph mentioned the hairball in the middle of the night, ewww been there one too many times..... And Karen mentioned car sickness, well I will be the first to say that ummm NO that is not pleasant..... Beau and Ajax both get car sickness pretty bad, with Ajax being the worst, and unfortunately he is a stool eater and there are NO words that can even begin to describe that smell in a car........

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Ya'll are too much!

Funny how we all have so many puke stories...

~ Jodi ~

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh here's a great puke story!!!! My aunty left her dog in the house while she went out for a few hours (she's always left in the house alone....no big deal). When she got back she realised her bed cover (we call it a doona, but I know you don't) was all scrunched up. She couldn't understand it (my aunty is a clean freak) cause the dog is not allowed on the bed. Well Bonnie had jumped on her bed, puked, and then pulled the rest of the cover over the top of it to cover it! Clever dog but my aunty was sooooooo not impressed!!!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Oh Carmen, our evil tortie, Houdini, will pee or poo on the rugs around here when she's upset by new changes, and then bury her mess with the other half of the rug. She's a wicked little kitty!

Maile went through a stage where she would ONLY go on soft, high places. Sofas, recliners, MY BED. I came to rely on Lacey, my wonderful Lacey who would get so DISGUSTED by the puddles. She would jump onto my bed, sniff for a moment, make this SICK face, and then jump down, offended! She's saved me from crawling into a soaked bed a handful of times! I love that picky Siamese.

I have a funny puke story. It's about Lacey, surprisingly enough.

She will cry loudly when she's feeling sick to her stomach. It's a sort of warning siren. We REALLY appreciate it. Anyway, one day she did that, and I went "Uh oh. Everyone on alert! Lacey's gonna be sick! FIND HER!" And we went through the house trying to pinpoint her exact location. We found her in the Family Room, about to blow. My dad grabbed her just in time (she was prepared to go on the rug, as always) and put her down on tile floor to be sick. She did get sick on the tile, and as we went to clean it up, she shot upstairs and proceeded to get sick one final time ON THE CARPET. I feel that she saved up some just to be sick on the comfy carpet.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My RB Corey would always run and jump on the bed when he had to puke. Isn't it amazing though how they get that 'look' on their face when they're gonna puke!

Great puke stories btw