why is she doing this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

why is she doing this?

Ok well Sadie is at Jakes and had been for a while. She loves it there. She plays with his two cocker spaniels, and the cat, Biggs, loves her. Lol, Biggs will lay in a paper bag, and wait for Sadie to walk by and she will go after her tail, her long ears, anything they love each other.
The only problem is, Sadie will not go pee outside! She goes out to poop, and right when she gets inside she goes pee. Why? Its driving them crazy (along with the whinning) I mean it doesn't make any sense to me, at all! Why on earth would she be doing that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:34 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

I'll let Deja help with the why of it ... just wanted to say that's another thing Dutchy did - the other way around though. He'd pee outside, come inside and poop. He stopped when I moved to the house we're in now. No idea why he did it, or why he stopped.
I think he and Sadie are long-lost cousins ! Look alike, act alike ...

Sharon
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Maybe they are!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm not sure why Sadie is doing that - hrrrm....

Does she always pee in the same spot inside? Does she ever pee outside? Is she crated at all at any time?
When she pees inside does she do it in response to anything? - Such as - loud voices, people, etc... as a possible act of submissive urination? Or, does she walk right into the house and squat and pee?

When she is taken outside, is she always taken to the same spot and given some kind of verbal command such as "Sadie, Go Potty" - or whatever is comfortable and easy to say for whoever is taking her out?

There is always a trigger for any behavior, be it good behavior or unacceptable behavior, something triggers it. The trick is to figure out the trigger so that the behavior can be modified.

When she is taken outside, is she on or off leash? Is someone with her or is she alone?

Sorry for all the questions - the more info I have the easier it may be to figure out what is going on with her. I have probably asked this before - but my brain is like a strainer tonight - how old is she and what kind of dog is she?

The whining can really get on your nerves, huh? I don't mean to laugh - my Brittany can be *such* a whiner! I do know that it's a breed trait - Brittanys whine and "talk" a lot! I've taught him the "Quiet" command and I use a hand signal too. (I think I am repeating myself and I am sorry for that )
Working with her consistantly can really eliminate most of the whining. Does she whine all the time for no reason? Or does she whine when she is left alone in a room or wants something, or put in her crate, etc? (I don't remember if you mentioned if she is being crate trained... )

I know it has to be frustrating! I think it is possible to get to the root of it though I know there are a few things you can try to start to change her behavior - it just may take some creative thinking - figuring out what is triggering the behavior and replacing it with what you desire her to do. Again - that is a big key- letting her know clearly and repeatedly exactly what it is you want!

I like the detective work - it's interesting and fun

[center]

[
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

No she doesn't always pee in the same spot. I'm not sure if she has ever peed outside, but I know she did when she was living with me. She's not crated, but she stays in the garage when no one is home. Normally she will just walk in find a good spot and pee. Sometimes when she punished she will squat and pee a little.
She is let out with the pther two dogs to go outside. When the other two don't want to go out Jake will take her on her long lead. He thinks if she was out there alone she would not come back. When out with the other two she follows them.
She's a 7 month old Basset Hound/Fiest.

Tags
basset hound, cocker spaniel, crate trained