why would you do this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

why would you do this?

here are some storys about dogs and cats(i've taken in)They were abused, neglected, and God knows what else. Most are saftely in new homes.

Anastasia
Abandoned
Anastisia is just one of the many cats and kittens that are abandoned every year. We recieved a call from our local police saying that a town employee had found a kitten curled up by the fire at the dump. He said it looked like she may be dying. We went to the dump and found the little kitten and brought her back to My practice. She looked to be about 12-14 weeks old and was filthy and smelled like smoked fish. Every bone in her body could be felt and she was extremely dehydrated. Upon further examination it was discovered that she had all of her adult teeth which indicated that she was an adult cat! We syringed fluids into her for the first couple of days and she then began to eat on her own. After several days at our home she was adopted along with another kitten . Sadly, Anastasia passed away of unknown causes a few days after being adopted.

Cat Hoarding

These cats below are just a few of the 92 cats that were living at the home of an elderly lady. Many of the cats were sick, some of the smaller, younger ones were starving, and a few even had eyes missing( probably due to fighting for food) They were not your regular house cats, most of these were feral and you could not pick them up or approach them. All but 3 of them were euthanized. After the others were euthanized the 3 remaining cats were spayed and neutered and remain in the home. Happier and healthier!!

more coming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Heres some more !

"Little One"
Abandoned

This little male 5-6 week old kitten was found abandonded outside our Front door in a dogfood box, on May 31st/06. As you can see he is in quite poor condition. He was dehydrated, had moderate hypothermia (his temp. was 29.8 C)and he could barely open his eyes.
Sadly our sweet "Little One" passed away on the afternoon of June 3rd. In the short time he was with us he found his way into our hearts and he will be missed dearly.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Nike (before)
Neglect
Nike is a 5 year old shih-tzu that was taken from his owners in Jan of 2007, due to neglect. When we arrived at the residence, Nike was tied on outside in the freezing cold, his gums were white and his fur horribly matted and filthy. He was brought to a groomer immediately and given a good grooming and some much needed TLC and food. Nike was adopted shortly after.

Nike
(After)
This is Nike now, in the arms of his new owner!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Jingle
Neglect (Failing to provide adequate medical care)
Jingle was a beautiful male 6 year old husky mix. Jingle had been run over by a car and did not recieve any medical attention because the owner could not afford to bring him to a vet. We were not notified of the accident until 5 days after it had happened. The owner had been told to have the dog put out of it's misery but he failed to do so. Jingle lived in agony for those 5 days until we went out and picked him up. He had numerous large abrasions covering his entire body and the top of his nose was peeling away.His injuries were not life threatening had they been treated earlier but because they were not, infection had set in and he was humanely euthanized.Charges are pending

Scottie
Neglect
Scottie is a dog that we had taken from his owner due to neglect. As you can see he had not recieved any grooming in a long time. He had been left outside to roam the community. When we picked him up he was lying in the mud in the middle of a dirt road. We could tell by his actions (or lack of ) that he had not been touched in quite a while. He showed no sign of emotion, neither happiness, fear, nor aggression. He was totally emotionless, like an animal that had been sensory deprived. The saddest part about Scottie's case is that the owner had 2 other dogs in her house that were in fantastic condition. Scottie was brought to our home where he recieved several baths and a good grooming. His fur had to be completly shaved. After several days he slowly began to recognize us and would wag his tail when we entered his cage. Scottie's story has a fantastic ending, after several weeks at our home he was adopted by a couple who just wanted to give him a loving home for his remaining time. Below is a picture of Scottie taken a few months after he was adopted. He is now in a home where he is truely loved!!

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Shadow
(Embedded Collar)
Shadow was a classic example of what happens when a collar is not checked on regularl basis. This dog was left tied on with a chain around his neck, the chain had become embedded. It had to be cut away from the skin. Shadows neck did heal after several weeks,And was adopted out into a wonderful home.

Neglect and attempted drowning
Wesley was rescued from a pond where he had been spotted thrashing about in the water. When pulled onto land, it was found that he had been tied up with rope which was attached to two tire rims. He had a large bump on his head and his skin was severly infected. After arriving at my office Wesley was treated for his skin infection. He was later adopted into a wonderful home where he is loved and cared for the way every dog should be. Charges have been laid.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

As you may notice, i have been a lttle obsessed with this picknik thing they have out..hehe But im not very good at it yet
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:26 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

AHEM. http://www.envision.ca/members/templ...e7.asp?ID=5587

These are all copyrighted photos and stories, which don't belong to you. Among all the other lies you've already posted on PT, I'll be notifying the mods and admins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
RAT ADDICT

I didn't respond,because some of those pictures looked like they belonged to a shelter or rescue and so I didn't say anything.Gander is here in Newfoundland,but obviously these animals are from the SPCA and I highly doubt you took them ALL in.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 AM
PT's Troll Hunter

Lisa, I'm positive she's attempting to pull everyone's leg. When you compare pages, she's changed the stories on some (such as Shadow with the embedded collar, who was actually put to sleep because the shelter ran out of room, and was never adopted out.)

You can also tell she didn't write this up, in the first place, because her typing style is very childish and full of errors and mistakes, but this is written near to perfection. Well, except where she changes the stories of the animals a bit, of course.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
RAT ADDICT

Mallory,I agree.The past few days I started to wonder about some of the posts,but I kept to myself.But now I really think some of the things (maybe even all) are just not true.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

interesting
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

I think I'll eat some with you Luv, lol.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Will It Ever Change?

yes pass that popcorn!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

*passes some to Nat*
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Will It Ever Change?

mmm buttery popcorn.....*drools*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Closed Thread